(Last updated March 10, 2020)
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
2. USAGE AND ACCESS RIGHTS
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are not a person barred from using the Service under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Service (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to Cornerstone, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Cornerstone has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Cornerstone has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service.
You are responsible for all activity occurring on your account and shall abide by all applicable local, provincial, federal and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of Cornerstone, including without limitation, those related to data privacy. You may never use another user’s account without permission. You must notify Cornerstone immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Cornerstone will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, but you shall be liable for the losses of Cornerstone or others due to such unauthorized use. All usernames and passwords remain the property of Cornerstone and may be cancelled, changed or suspended at any time by Cornerstone without notice. Cornerstone is not under any obligation to verify the actual identity or authority of the user of any username or password.
By providing Cornerstone your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by changing the preferences in your account settings. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
3. OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT AND LIMITED LICENSE
The following definitions apply to material on the Service:
- “Content” means any and all content, including, without limitation, photos, profiles, messages, notes, text, courses, tests, information, music, video, advertisements, listings, and other content appearing anywhere on the Service at any time.
- “User Content” means any and all Content that you upload, publish, offer, display (collectively, “post”) transmit, sell, share, and/or otherwise make available on and/or through the Service.
- “Third Party Content” means any and all Content that a Third Party posts, transmits, sells, shares, and/or otherwise makes available on and/or through the Service.
- “Site Content” means any and all Content that is neither User Content nor Third Party Content.
The Service and the Site Content are the property of Cornerstone, its users or its licensors, with all rights reserved. Neither the Service nor any Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without Cornerstone’s prior written permission.
Your rights to use Third Party Content are governed by the applicable Third Party license terms that are established by those Third Parties from time to time.
From time to time, Cornerstone may offer a limited-term campaign to specific Cornerstone clients and other companies or individual users to participate in free online training (a “Digital Learning Event”). These courses will be selected by Cornerstone and include a subset of Cornerstone’s course catalog from a variety of course publishers. The following additional terms apply to Digital Learning Events in which you participate:
- Cornerstone is collecting the data you input on the registration form including without limitation your name, email address, and job title. Additionally, we collect information about the courses you started and/or completed plus any related transcript information such as your certifications or test results.
- Cornerstone may share the information collected with your employer such as the course enrollment so they can learn what types of courses their employees are interested in.
- The information collected will also be used by Cornerstone to evaluate the Digital Learning Event and to know what courses to offer in future Digital Learning Events. The information used will be aggregated, anonymized data that may also be used to provide benchmarking for courses taken by specific industries or local markets.
- Cornerstone will retain your login and your transcript so you can continue your course progress in a future Digital Learning Event, if offered.
Cornerstone will retain the information for a period of five (5) years unless, where applicable, you specifically opt-out of the Digital Learning Event program by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Cornerstone,” “Cornerstone OnDemand,” and other Cornerstone graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks, or trade dress of Cornerstone. Trademarks and trade dress used by Third Parties in association with the sale or license of their goods or services on the Service are the property of the respective owner.
Such trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the respective owner.
5. USER CONTENT
You agree you will not:
- post, transmit, sell, share or otherwise make available any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- post, transmit, sell, share or otherwise make available any User Content that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post, transmit, sell, or share;
- post, transmit, sell, share or otherwise make available any User Content (i) that violates any federal, provincial, foreign or local law or regulation, (ii) for which you do not have full power and authority to distribute, including all necessary licenses and authorizations, or (iii) that Cornerstone determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for distribution through the Service;
- post, transmit, sell, share or otherwise make available any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party; and
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content.
You are solely responsible, at your own cost and expense, for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Service or provide to Cornerstone. When you post User Content to the Service, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Service.
6. USE OF SERVICE
You agree that by utilizing and/or accessing the Service you will not:
- post, transmit, sell, share or otherwise make available unsolicited commercial email or “spam.” This includes, without limitation, unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice that is in any way connected with “spam”, such as (i) sending mass email to recipients who have not requested email from you or with a fake return address, (ii) promoting a site with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or (iii) promoting your site by posting multiple submissions in public forums that are identical;
- use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Service servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional online web browser;
- post, transmit, sell, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- harm, stalk, harass or otherwise violate the rights of others in any way in your use of the Service;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Cornerstone official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals;
- exceed the scope of any Cornerstone service or product for which you have registered; by, for example, accessing and using the tools that you do not have a right to use, or deleting, adding to, or otherwise changing the comments or content of other persons; and
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service.
You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that you consider to be offensive, indecent or objectionable. You acknowledge that Cornerstone does not pre-screen User Content or Third Party Content. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Third Party Content or Site Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
Cornerstone respects the intellectual property and other rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. You are prohibited from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on or through the Service any Content that violates another party’s intellectual property and other rights. Cornerstone is not responsible for the conduct of its users and has no responsibility or liability for User Content or for the loss or corruption thereof.
It is Cornerstone’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Cornerstone and/or others.
8. DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify Cornerstone’s copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Cornerstone to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Attn: DMCA Notice
Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
Address: 1601 Cloverfield Blvd., Suite 600 South
Santa Monica CA 90404
Telephone: (310) 752-0200
Fax: (310) 496-1654
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS' FEES.
The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Cornerstone’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Cornerstone and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Cornerstone has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Cornerstone’s sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Cornerstone may also, at its sole discretion, limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
9. CORNERSTONE MARKETPLACE
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service. Parties to a Third Party Transaction are solely responsible for all interactions with each other, for arranging for payment and the exchange of the goods or services purchased if applicable, and for the results and performance of any transaction or relationship entered into with Third Parties through the Service. Purchases of products or services from Third Parties through Cornerstone are subject to the terms of sale of those Third Parties, as those transactions are strictly between you and the other party to the transaction.
You acknowledge that Cornerstone, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, licensors, suppliers, co-branders or other partners, employees, successors and assigns (the “Cornerstone Parties”) are not responsible or liable for any action or inaction of any Third Party to a transaction, for any failure to perform, to pay any amounts due, or to deliver any merchandise or services as promised, or for any other aspect of a Third Party Transaction. The capability to conduct Third Party Transactions or otherwise deal with Third Parties through the Service is provided by Cornerstone “as is” and any such transactions and dealings are at your own risk. You agree that you are solely responsible for establishing Third Party License Terms for any User Content provided by you to the Service, and that Cornerstone has no responsibility or liability for any breach by Third Parties of such Third Party License Terms, and that you are solely responsible therefor.
Cornerstone may from time to time charge fees for the use of the Service. Our fees, if any, are available on the Service. Unless otherwise stated, our fees are quoted in US dollars. You and/or your organization are responsible for paying all fees associated with the use of the Service through your account, and for all applicable taxes.
In addition, Third Parties may charge fees for Third Party Content that they provide through the Service. The fees and prices charged by Third Parties are available in their listing in our marketplace. Certain taxes and government charges may be payable in relation to purchases you make from Third Parties through the Service. Cornerstone is not responsible for any transaction between you and such Third Parties, and as a result we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items or services advertised, the truth or accuracy of any descriptions, or the ability of sellers to sell or buyers to pay. We accept no responsibility for such taxes and government charges.
11. INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data in the country, jurisdiction, state and locality in which you reside. Cornerstone makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in your location. Access to the Service from your jurisdiction is at your own risk, and you are responsible for compliance with local law.
We may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other world wide web sites or resources. Because Cornerstone has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Cornerstone is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Cornerstone shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
13. INDEMNITY AND RELEASE
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CORNERSTONE, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND AGENTS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR OF AVAILABILITY OR RESULTS. CORNERSTONE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) CORNERSTONE WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH CORNERSTONE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. CORNERSTONE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY USER CONTENT OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, AND DAMAGES THAT ARISE FROM OR RELATE TO SUCH MATERIAL. CORNERSTONE ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, USER COMMUNICATIONS. CORNERSTONE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OR OTHER PROBLEMS OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR SERVICE, COMPUTER SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER OR MOBILE PHONE EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, FAILURE OF EMAIL OR PLAYERS ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY SITE OR COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING INJURY OR DAMAGE TO A USER'S OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER, MOBILE PHONE, OR OTHER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM USING OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CORNERSTONE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY USER CONTENT OR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM ANYONE'S USE OF THE SERVICE, ANY USER CONTENT POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR ANY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN USERS OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. YOU POST USER CONTENT ON THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND, YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- CORNERSTONE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ANY AND ALL SITE CONTENT, SOFTWARE AND OTHER ITEMS USED OR CONTAINED IN OR ON THE SERVICE AND ANY SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
- REFERENCE TO ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, PROCESSES OR OTHER INFORMATION, BY TRADE NAME, TRADEMARK, MANUFACTURER, SUPPLIER OR OTHERWISE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION THEREOF, OR ANY AFFILIATION THEREWITH, BY CORNERSTONE.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL CORNERSTONE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, CORNERSTONE’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE: (i) AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO CORNERSTONE FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TWELVE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE THE CLAIM(S) AROSE; OR (ii) THE SUM OF ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM SHALL NOT EXPAND SUCH LIMIT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO FEES ARE PAID TO CORNERSTONE FOR THE SERVICE, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM THE CORNERSTONE PARTIES, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CORNERSTONE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
Force Majeure. Cornerstone shall not be responsible to you as a result of any delay or default in carrying out its obligations hereunder which is due in whole or in part to an event beyond of the control of Cornerstone.
Language. Cornerstone may provide translations of these terms or other terms or policies. Translations are provided for informational purposes. If there is an inconsistency or conflict between a translation and the English version, the English version will control.
Please report any violations of the Agreement to:
1601 Cloverfield Blvd., Suite 620S
Santa Monica, CA 90404
United State of America
Attn: General Counsel
Copyright 2020 Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. All rights reserved.