Position Title: Assistant Director of Academic Advising (Reg FT)
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus: South Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 5, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): M-F: 9:00 am- 5:00 pm Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 6006
Job Open Date: 7/22/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: This
position is responsible for Academic Advising operations in accordance with the
CBA and includes but is not limited to hiring, training, providing on-going
professional development, scheduling and providing quality assurance of the
Academic Advising experience for students. This position will interface with the
Office of the Registrar, the Regional Directors of Registration, Academic
Affairs and Student Affairs personnel regularly. Strong written, verbal and
technology skills are required.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Education,
Management, Business or related field and a minimum of two years’
experience. Strong organizational skills
and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with
internal and external constituents. Ability to convey and implement expectations of good customer service to
staff. Experience with Microsoft Office
and Student Information Systems required.
1. Assists with the supervision of academic advisement operations and staff including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and providing professional development.
2. Collaborates with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs/Enrollment Management to assist with creation, maintenance, and assessment of a wide range of student intervention strategies that will positively impact the student success, retention and completion of CCAC’s diverse student body.
3. Develops advising schedule to meet the needs of the students both on site and in a virtual/remote environment.
4. Responsible for data collection and analysis related to retention and completion for both internal and external use and distribution.
5. Ensures Advising documentation is consistent, accurate and accessible to students and Advisors including information presented on the website, portal and mobile application.
6. Provides consultation for students seeking Prior Learning Assessment in conjunction with the Academic Department Heads and Academic Discipline Deans. Provides orientation for Faculty Assessors.
7. Responsible for ensuring appropriate use of best practices of current software platforms in support of student retention and completion.
8. Collaborates with departments across the college; serves on committees as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.