Position Title: Endowed Professorship for Teaching & Learning (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 25, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Term: Three year renewable
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 3Y26
Job Open Date: 3/12/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Facilitate the creation of leading-edge curriculum and instructional methodologies for the faculty and students of CCAC. Provide faculty development services, instructional technology support and training, instructional design assistance, strategies for program management, assessment data collection tools, techniques and analysis, and syllabi process improvement, maintenance and review forfaculty engaged in the workforce initiative, for other faculty who may utilize the tools developed from the workforce development initiative in their own curriculum, and for faculty across the college who can apply the advanced pedagogical techniques to their classes and programs throughout CCAC.
Requirements: Master’s Degree required in Curriculum, Instructional Design, Education or any academic field with significant experience in best practices in teaching and learning; Doctoral degree preferred. Experience in higher education, curriculum development, and program assessment preferred.
1. Provide faculty development services.
2. Assist the faculty with instructional technology support and training.
3. Ensure CCAC offers exceptional instructional tools.
4. Provide or arrange for instructional design assistance.
5. Establish strong research streams for best practices in teaching and learning, especially in technology and other fields that lead directly into the workforce.
6. Work with the Faculty to provide exceptional assessment data collection tools and strategies.
7. Assist in the development of user-friendly syllabi.
8. Establish access to advanced instructional tools for all College instructors.
9. Support faculty development by promoting excellence in teaching and student learning
10. Support the scholarship of teaching and learning while also providing highly effective instructional design and technologies to drive continuous improvement of student outcomes.
11. Place in the hands of our faculty the tools and expertise needed to create an academic environment that enriches the faculty teaching role and the student experience.
12. Facilitate regular meetings with various teams engaged in both internal and external activities related to the center.
13. Lead and/or participate in other meetings and professional development events as needed.
14. Work in close collaboration with the relevant offices and teams to advance student success at CCAC.
15. Direct and participate in the preparation of program review, outcomes assessment and reports as required.
16. Represent the college as an active member and participant at local, regional and state meetings; attend conference meetings for teaching and learning as required.
17. Perform other duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.