Position Title: Housekeeping Supervisor (Reg FT)
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 14, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
There are two positions available: South and Boyce Campuses.
Salary Grade: Admin 13 - min. $46,989
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5212, 5214
Job Open Date: 7/31/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Supervision of the housekeeping, grounds keeping, contracted project staff in day to day
operations to provide clean, sanitary and attractive campus facilities in a cost-effective manner. This position provides the “First Impression” services to assist in achieving student success.
Requirements: Associates degree and a minimum of three years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of general housekeeping procedures, housekeeping projects, cleaning techniques, contracts and products/chemicals. Ability to supervise, schedule and discipline a multi-member staff. Computer experience in Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Schedules and monitors work assignments for housekeeping staff.
- Inspects areas of responsibility to ensure completion of assignments.
- Provides on-site training and education for staff in areas of proper cleaning/housekeeping techniques, job efficiency, safety and health.
- Maintains adequate inventories.
- Reviews cleaning products and equipment for improvements in usage.
- Establishes and maintains product testing program.
- Prepares department capital equipment budget.
- Oversees set up of conference rooms, displays and other meeting rooms and events as requested.
- Administers applicable outside contractor services.
- Protects the assets of the institution through control of keys and the effective use of equipment and materials.
- Maintains campus Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), the Right-to-Know laws, and Hazardous Substance Survey forms.
- Communicates with faculty, administrative and professional staff.
- Selects and interviews candidates for open positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.