Position Title: Account Executive (Reg FT)
Department: Workforce Development
Campus: West Hills Center
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 1, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
In addition to at-will employment, continuation of employment is contingent on sufficient revenue generated from the department or program.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 16 - $62,814
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: R001
Job Open Date: 7/18/2019
Job Close Date:
General Summary: This position is responsible for identifying new business opportunities for the Workforce Development Division. This position provides support to business and industry, engages corporate clients via training opportunities, and manages all aspects of the client relationship. As such, they will be responsible for developing market penetration strategies for their assigned industry sector and the achievement of established annual client engagement and revenue goals.
Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in marketing, business or related field and four years of related experience. Previous sales experience required. Business and industry experience is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Strong knowledge of regional economic development and labor market trends. Administrative and grant experience preferred. Familiarity with both college credit and noncredit training programs a plus. Travel will be required up to 75% and may include weekend and overnight.
1. Meet established performance and revenue goals.
2. Prospect, negotiate, and close deals within a specified time-frame.
3. Provide account management with new and existing business customers, overseeing all aspects of customer contracts.
4. Serve as the subject matter expert for training areas.
5. Remain current and knowledgeable of innovation and trends within sales area.
6. Maintain list of current, industry-relevant, highly skilled instructors.
7. Develop business models to analyze deal opportunities and present to VP, Workforce Development.
8. Work closely with the Program Development & Design team to ensure new course development is demand-driven.
9. Fully embrace and promote demand-driven workforce model.
10. Work with the Marketing unit to develop effective sales kit.
11. Provide meaningful content for inclusion in Workforce Development newsletter on a monthly basis.
12. Attend college functions as requested.
13. Provide weekly reports on sales and client related activity.
14. Work with sales team in other geographies to develop and maintain a successful cross-sell program
15. Manage and maintain prospect management records, tracking systems and reporting.
16. Teach workforce development courses/seminars.
17. Work with Contracts division as needed to develop proposals, MOA’s, and sales agreements.
18. Develop individualized strategies for approaching prospective clients based on prospect’s unique business needs and long-term relationship potential.
19. Attend, participate, and/or present at industry conferences, trade shows, Chamber events, etc.
20. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.