Position Title: Counselor (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 3, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track 12 month position with benefits.
Work hours (for hourly positions):
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2402
Job Open Date: 8/30/2019
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide support services to students including those with special needs through admissions, crisis, academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling. May refer students to various College offices and/or outside agencies to meet individual needs of students.
Requirements: Master’s degree in counseling and two (2) years related experience required. College experience in counseling is preferred especially from a community college. Experience with individual and group counseling; experience in student development services, psychometric testing and measurements. Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Assist with preadmissions interviews by providing necessary direction for prospective students and inquiries from admission to completion.
- Provide individual and/or group counseling on issues related to crisis, personal, transfer, career and academic concerns.
- May provide academic advisement as stipulated in the AFT Contract for students through all steps of the registration procedure, including selecting a major and scheduling.
- Assist students in the identification of career goals as they relate to enrollment at CCAC.
- Provide referrals and follow-up with appropriate campus offices such as Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Career/Transfer Services, Job Placement, Supportive Services, and ACT 101.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling and follow-up as needed with the Dean of Student Development.
- Coordinate Placement Testing and other Academic diagnostic and standardized tests.
- Interpret placement tests, career inventories and psychometric tests.
- Assist with the development and implementation of early intervention and retention programs.
- Work with Dean of Student Development to identify and recommend appropriate services designed to address student needs.
- Assist with the acquisition and updating of materials in the Counseling Center.
- Participate in staff development activities.
- Assist with the development of special programs that reflect the diversity of the student population.
- Participate in New Student Orientation.
- Serve on campus and/or college committees.
- Prepare and submit reports, as requested.
- Provide input in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.