Position Title: Case Manager/Student Success Facilitator (Grant PT)
Department: Financial Aid
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 28, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Grant-funded, part-time 25 hrs/wk with benefits; Job Corp.
Employment and continuation of grant is contingent on sufficient current and future funding. The grant may be renewable.
Travel to other campuses will be required.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 10:00 am - 3:00 pm hours may vary (flexible)
25 Hours Per Week
Hourly Wage: $18.34
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Part-Time
Job Slot: G915
Job Open Date: 12/6/2019
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Serve as a financial aid mentor and provide support for the Pittsburgh Job Corps cohort of students at each of the CCAC campuses with matters pertaining to the Financial Aid program. Monitor the academic progress of students as it pertains to financial aid eligibility.
Associate's degree required (Bachelor's degree preferred) and a minimum of one year of financial aid experience at the post secondary level with an in-depth understanding of the financial aid process.
Applicant must possess strong computer skills, ability to analyze data, create qualitative and quantitative reports, ability to assist students with financial aid matters and willingness to work collaboratively with the college community. Community College experience preferred.
- Assist students in understanding the CCAC Financial Aid program.
- 2. Monitor student progress in completing the FAFSA and other types of Aid.
- Meet individually with each cohort student on an as needed basis to monitor their financial aid process.
- Work with Financial Aid Office to monitor student scholarships, aid and stipends.
- Maintain student records; prepare and submit regular reports, as requested.
- Assist with the development and implementation of early intervention and retention programs to maintain students' eligibility for financial aid.
- Work with the various Student Services Development Offices to identify and recommend appropriate services designed to address student needs.
- Participate in Student Orientation.
- Must be able to travel to other campuses on an as needed basis.
- Serve on college committees and advisory boards as needed.
- Prepare and submit reports, as requested and maintain records of students.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.