Position Title: Librarian (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Department: Library & Learning Services
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 24, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track 12 month position with benefits.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2262
Job Open Date: 2/7/2020
Job Close Date:
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Master’s degree in the field of library science and minimum three years of professional library experience including knowledge of information, public, and circulation procedures; knowledge in the use of computers in contemporary library services; supervisory experience is desirable.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. Provide reference and research assistance to individuals
2. Participate in the library instruction program.
3. Participate and liaise with faculty in collection development activities.
4. Participate in the publicity efforts of the library and the college.
5. Participate in updates in the Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, library website, etc.
6. Promote the utilization of the library resources with faculty.
7. Establish and maintain cooperative and collegial working relationships with faculty, staff and coworkers.
8. Communicate with the technical services staff concerning cataloging and processing of library materials.
9. Recommend assignments and their priorities for clerical staff in the library area to the supervisors.
10. Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports pertinent to the library area.
11. Serve on appropriate committees.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.