Position Title: Director of Workforce and Job Readiness (Reg FT)
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: REPOSTING. This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 8, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This position will oversee both Boyce Campus and South Campus (Southeast Region). This is an internal only posting for regular part-time and regular full-time CCAC employees only,
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 15 - $56,912
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5916
Job Open Date: 9/25/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Implement integrated career
services and workforce preparation plan for the college that ensures students'
career needs are met, that they develop skills in professionalism and career
readiness, and that they participate in career related experiences throughout
their life cycle. This plan should also ensure that student, college, and
employer needs are aligned in the delivery of career related activities and
services. Assist in the deployment of this career development plan
degree in counseling, student affairs, human resources, workforce development
or related field and a minimum of three years professional experience. Ability
to interact with students, faculty and employers in a professional community.
Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem resolution, marketing, communication,
writing, multitasking, presentation and organizational skills. Demonstrated
ability to develop and implement new and/or revised programs/services.
Knowledge of local and regional job market and employer expectations. Ability
to interact effectively as a team member and work collaboratively. Knowledge of
the career decision making and placement processes. Proficient in Microsoft
Office and web. Previous experience as a manager. Excellent customer service
skills. Ability to travel and be housed at any of the College’s campuses or
centers and to serve as backfill at enrollment related events and serve as a
representative of the College at public and private events.
Duties: Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ask. Listen. Solve.
- Assist students, alumni and community members with employment searches by offering training on resume and cover letter development, interviewing skills, portfolio, e-portfolio preparation and other desired skills.
- Plan, develop and administer career services programs and events such as seminars, group presentations, on-campus recruiting and job fairs for students, alumni and community members.
- Develop and implement College-wide programs and standards including consistent delivery of services, common marketing and instructional materials, employer development, advisory board administration and assessment of services.
- Establish sensitivity, implicit bias and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background training opportunities for students and the community at-large.
- Identifies and submits High Priority Occupation programs of study to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and local workforce investment board for approval; report results and data to appropriate campus/college departments.
- Develops and manages college work-study programs in collaboration with the financial aid office.
- Serve as liaison between employers and students regarding recruitment opportunities and procedures.
- Recruit, register and approve employers for college specific job website; review and approve job postings to site. Solicits employers to participate in on-campus information and recruiting events offering full-time and part-time positions, internships and co-ops.
- Monitor, implement, and maintain workforce & job readiness related technology.