1. Directs, implements, and monitors the development, implementation, maintenance, delivery and integrity of curriculum;
2. Promotes a culturally competent and inclusive environment, with a strong commitment to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty, staff and students;
3. Directs and supports college-wide discipline assessment and accreditation efforts including the development of program reviews;
4. Creates and delivers a strategic plan for the division, as well as supports other academic initiatives that advance the College's mission, vision and strategic plan;
5. Identifies opportunities for new academic programs in response to identified community needs and leads the development of curriculum in collaboration with discipline faculty;
6. Develops, plans and participates on advisory committees in support academic programs within the division;
7. Supervises the division’s full-time faculty, department heads, associate deans, and support staff; conducts classroom observations and portfolio reviews; ensures compliance with and fulfillment of the requirements of the collective bargaining agreements.
8. Fosters a student-centered educational environment responsive to diverse learner needs; promotes instructional innovation and supports professional development; facilitates faculty instruction and student learning in the unique pedagogies employed by the skilled trades; provides leadership in facilitating student success in developmental and college-level mathematics.
9. Reviews and coordinates the sequencing of programs and scheduling of courses for assigned disciplines in all appropriate modalities and all appropriate facilities across the college; monitors student enrollment and adjusts credit schedule accordingly. Directs classroom scheduling and faculty assignments in collaboration with the division’s department heads and Associate Dean;
10. Facilitates the preparation of short-and long-term division/department/discipline plans and collaborates with other academic deans, faculty, staff, and administrators in support of the college’s mission and strategic goals;
11. Fosters high-impact interdisciplinary collaboration and partnership within the division and externally with other programs;
12. Encourages the high-performance and excellence of faculty, staff and disciplines within the division and the delivery of high-quality academic programs;
13. Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with trade union partners, community organizations and educational institutions; proactively promotes innovative partnerships to meet workforce and transfer needs;
14. Adheres to the full-time, adjunct faculty, and support staff collective bargaining agreements to ensure efficient operations and student success. Addresses questions and mediates disputes regarding the collective bargaining agreements;
15. Efficiently manages the financial resources of the division and effectively advocates for resources; participates in budget development and approves departmental budget items for associated disciplines;
16. Represents the diverse clientele, programs and interests of the school persuasively to both internal and external constituencies;
17. Openly communicates in a transparent manner that provides clarity in fiscal management and decision-making;
18. Maintains a presence at various campuses and additional locations to ensure and oversee academic operations and functions;
19. Responds to and resolves academic faculty/student problems and concerns;
20. Performs other duties as required or assigned by the associate provost.