Position Title: Biology Educational Technician (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Campus: North Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 15, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time 10 month position with benefits.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2458
Job Open Date: 2/26/2021
Job Close Date:
Performance Evaluation: The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
General Summary: Maintain
and set up the laboratories in the Biology Department and support the faculty as
degree in Biology or related field; working knowledge of equipment and supplies common to biology
laboratories and safety measures for maintenance of biology laboratories; able
to plan, organize, stock, and maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment
for biology laboratories; Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: If
applicable, may require physical exertion to move, lift, or carry heavy boxes
or other heavy materials; may be required to stand for long periods of time;
may be exposed to chemicals.
1. Orient faculty, adjunct faculty, and students to laboratory, instructional areas, or facilities; serve as resource person for faculty and students.
2. Assist faculty in preparation of laboratories and specialized instructional materials, including required equipment and supplies.
3. Maintain systemized order and cleanliness in laboratories and stockroom facilities.
4. Maintain inventory of all equipment and supplies in the laboratories and order supplies as needed.
5. Repair broken or damaged equipment or arrange for repair of equipment with outside agencies when necessary.
6. Assist Department Head with department budget.
7. Supervise work-study students as needed.
8. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.