Position Title: Allied Health Educational Technician (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Campus: South Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 31, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time 10 month position with benefits.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2743
Job Open Date: 2/26/2021
Job Close Date:
Performance Evaluation: The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
General Summary: Assist in the
ongoing operations of the Allied Health Department at the designated campus.
Associate degree (or higher) in biology, Medical
Laboratory Technician or related field is required; experience in a clinical laboratory and phlebotomy,
medical assisting experience preferred. Candidates must have a working
knowledge of equipment and supplies common to Allied Health laboratories;
appropriate knowledge of proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment and
supplies used in Allied Health or similar science laboratories; knowledge of
laboratory safety practices, including disposal methods for hazardous waste; ability
to plan, organize, stock, and maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment
for Allied Health laboratories; preparation of lab
related instructional materials and other
document preparation duties as required.
Physical Requirements: If
applicable, may require physical exertion to move, lift, or carry heavy boxes
or other heavy materials; may be required to stand for long periods of time;
may be exposed to chemicals.
1. Maintain systemized order in laboratories and storage rooms for the Allied Health Department.
2. Maintain inventory of all equipment and supplies of the Allied Health Department; order materials as needed.
3. Assemble and prepare equipment and supplies for laboratory use by students.
4. Maintain cleaning schedule in laboratories as directed.
5. Report broken or damaged equipment; arrange for repair of equipment by outside agencies when necessary.
6. Assist departmental faculty in the preparation of lab related specialized instructional materials and other documents.
7. Prepare and maintain microbiological unknowns and stock cultures.
8. Assemble equipment and materials for instructional demonstrations.
9. Provide laboratory assistance as required under faculty supervision.
10. Maintain equipment cleaning and hazardous waste removal schedules.
11. Maintain MSDS manual as per OSHA regulations.
12. Adhere to written duties as specified for each laboratory.
13. Attend departmental meetings as required.
14. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.