Position Title: Community Education Instructor Temporary Pool - Various Openings
Department: Workforce Development
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.
Various instructors are needed at all of CCAC campuses, centers and offsite class areas. Areas of need – Academics, Arts & Crafts, Computers, Dance, Fitness (Aerobics Dance, Pilates, Zumba), General Interest, Languages, Mind and Spirit, Photography and Pets (massage).
Work hours (for hourly positions): Days, evenings and weekends hours vary according to class schedule and the staffing needs of the department.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Community Education Instructor
Employment Type: Temporary part-time
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the instructor is to teach
and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, instructors must
remain knowledgeable about advances in their areas of expertise.
Requirements: Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have
strong communication skills. Applicants
are expected to have teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline
to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including
industry certifications, where appropriate.
1. The primary responsibilities of the instructor is to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain student attendance records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews.
4. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
5. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
6. Support the college's goals.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.