Position Title: Math Cafe Facilitator Temporary Pool
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This posting is a pool and not for any specific position.
Job duties listed in this posting are general in nature and will vary depending on location. Specific job duties will be explained during interview.
This is a temporary part-time 20 hour/week position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
Work hours (for hourly positions): Days and hours vary according to needs of the department.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Temporary Part-Time Pool
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
General Summary: Work as a Math Café team member sharing responsibility for group tutoring, PLATO administration, classroom visits, data collection and day-to-day operations.
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Math Education, or related field and a minimum of two years of teaching and/or tutoring preferably college level students. Knowledge of PLATO or other diagnostic software package preferred. Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work with diverse populations and create and maintain positive working relationships. Must possess good organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills and ability to problem solve, act with initiative and maintain accurate confidential records and files.
1. Tutor students seeking 'walk-in' math assistance.
2. Prescribe individual and group learning activities from a variety of approaches and materials including teacher/tutor made printed packages, textbooks, audiovisuals, software and, on-line instructional programs.
3. Maintain contact with key faculty, administrators, student development personnel and related College personnel to discuss and make appropriate recommendations concerning students with math difficulties.
4. Maintain appropriate documentation of student progress using computer-based systems, spreadsheets and databases for accurate project reporting.
5. Assist in the development of Math Café policies and procedures handbook.
6. Participate in meetings, training and professional development as required.
7. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.