CCAC Policy on Clearances:
• College Policies and Regulations: https://www.ccac.edu/College_Policies_and_Regulations.aspx
• Policy Manual II.07 Protection of Children
• Administrative Regulation to II.07 Clearance Procedures for Employees And Volunteers
• Child or children as used herein refers to any person under 18 years of age
Who Gets Clearances?
• All new faculty, staff, administrators, adjuncts and temporary workers. There are no exceptions.
• Any new employee who is hired and does not have Clearances must be reported to Kimberly Manigault, Vice President for Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Existing employees who have “routine interaction” with a child or children are required to obtain Clearances. See the referenced Policy and Administrative Regulation.
• All employees are encouraged to obtain Clearances.
Consequences of foregoing Clearances:
• Faculty: Faculty members who do not have Clearances will lose their class assignment if a child is added to their class list. Full-time faculty members will be reassigned by Administration in order to complete their load. Adjuncts will not be reassigned.
• Administrators and Staff: Administrators and staff who do not have Clearances will not be permitted to perform assignments that require them to come into contact with children.
Submission of Original Clearances:
• All original Clearances must be provided to designated staff at a Campus Business Office, West Hills Center/Workforce Development or the Human Resource Department at Office of College Services.
• Only original Clearances are accepted. Copies are not accepted. Do not send original Clearances in the mail.
• Provisional affidavits must be completed directly with Human Resources at the Office of College Services (OCS) location.
• Copies will be made in HR at the time of submission. Original Clearances will be immediately returned in person at that time.
Employees who are asked to resubmit Clearances due to being lost or misplaced are asked to report the matter.
• Any employee who has submitted Clearances and is asked to resubmit Clearances due to being lost or misplaced is ask to report the incident directly to Kimberly Manigault, Vice President for Human Resources, at email@example.com. The following must accompany the report:
· The date the original clearance was submitted
· The method the original clearance was submitted
· The name of the individual to whom the clearance was submitted
· Clearances are valid for five (5) years