Position Title: Counselor (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Campus: North Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 8, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a regular full-time tenure-track 12 month position with benefits.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2360
Job Open Date: 3/11/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide support services to students including those with special needs through admissions, crisis, academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling. May refer students to various College offices and/or outside agencies to meet individual needs of students.
Master's degree in
counseling and two (2) years related experience required. College experience in
counseling is preferred. Workload schedule may include evenings, Saturdays, as
well as off-campus assignments.
Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. Assess needs and provide individualized support and programming to help a diverse student body reach their short and long term goals.
2. Provide individual and/or group counseling on issues related to transfer, career and academic concerns.
3. Actively participate in onboarding activities to promote enrollment and retention of new students.
4. Provide academic advisement as stipulated in the AFT Contract for students through all steps of the enrollment process, including selecting a major and selecting courses.
5. Coordinate and administer career inventories and other diagnostic assessments; interpret entrance tests, career inventories and psychometric tests.
Work collaboratively with and provide referrals to appropriate campus offices related to student retention efforts.
6. Develop programming and initiatives for students in alignment with the JED College model.
7. Provide personal counseling to promote self-growth and resilience in an academic setting.
8. Assist, when needed, with student crisis counseling to provide initial assessment and referrals to external resources.
9. Provide referrals to outside community resources and college constituents.
10. Coordinate Transfer Fairs, college visits, and transfer programming.
11. Serve with College Cares and BIT teams to provide follow-up and referrals for students.
12. Develop and implement proactive intervention, support and retention programs for at risk students.
13. Attend meetings/training to stay current on College procedures, policies, and practices.
14. Participate in special programs that support the diversity of the student population.
15. Serve on campus and/or college committees.
16. Prepare and submit reports, as requested.
17. Provide input in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned...
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.