1. Accepts stewardship of campus facilities, grounds and infrastructure, serving as the aesthetic conscience for all CCAC campuses and the liaison with the Internal Operations and Facilities Management.
2. Responsible for the development of the long-range, three-year to ten-year capital plans and reporting on the Institutional Master Plan.
3. Provides oversight of design & construction functions with the assistance of a design committee in the conceptual & schematic design stages.
4. Sets the direction for the planning and construction department, including strategic vision, design standards, review of internal work, and serving as liaison with regional campus administrators for planning and construction activities on their campuses
5. Responsible for the ongoing success of capital projects, ensuring close coordination and collaboration with Facilities Management and project stakeholders
6. Facilitates meetings across CCAC departments to develop and promote campus design standards, capital plans, facility plans, exterior plans, space plans, and ensures project advancement in support of the physical campus.
7. Offers support for land use, zoning, and regional development initiatives for the campuses.
8. Provides planning, design and construction services for all capital projects and physical campus improvements undertaken by all CCAC campuses.
9. Oversees work of consulting firms for the production of documents and project construction management, ensuring completion on time and within budget.
10. Oversees development of integrated planning documents for the short, mid and long-term physical planning efforts of the college.
11. Communicates with major stakeholder groups across the campus, including students, faculty and staff constituents.
12. Provides coordination and planning input for major functional areas within the CCAC community.
13. Leads and advances CCAC’s efforts to maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional continuing education and directs staff to do the same as appropriate for their role and responsibilities.
15. Advises the college’s senior administration of planning, design and construction issues and concerns.
16. Oversees and promotes the effective allocation, use and management of CCAC space.
17. Manages and provides oversight of external vendors and consultants, including but not limited to, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Primes, Architects and Engineers to complete construction, renovation, and large repair projects.
18. Initiates, plans, performs, monitors, and completes facility-related projects, including budget preparation, estimates and timelines.
19. Represents the college in meetings with city, county and state-related agencies as required.
20. Monitors public bidding process in conjunction with the college’s purchasing department.
21. Works with the College’s Safety and Security department to assure safety is the number one priority of all job sites.
22. Provides the leadership for the implementation of a system for storage and retrieval of all project documents including drawings, specifications, and other files as well as documentation of updates to buildings and sites as projects are initiated and completed.
23. Develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive space management system to provide improved records and efficient retrieval of space allocation, occupancy, and use data.
24. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.