Position Title: Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Reg FT)
Department: Financial Aid
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 13, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 4:30pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 12 - $43,677
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5773
Job Open Date: 5/27/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide guidance to students on the various types
of financial aid and the requirements to receive it. Provide information to students regarding
federal, state and alternative funding sources. Work collaboratively with
Enrollment in support of the recruitment, persistence, and completion goals of
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum one year of financial aid experience
including knowledge of financial aid regulations and programs preferred. Must possess strong customer service skills
and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population. Computer literacy to include Microsoft Office
products and financial aid information systems highly desired. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague system
customer service skills. Ability to travel and be housed at any of the
College’s campuses or centers and to serve as backfill at enrollment related
events and serve as a representative of the College at public and private
1. Coordinates coverage for the front counter and (virtual and face-to-face).
2. Serves as central point of contact for individuals coming into the FA Office. Responsible for troubleshooting issues and concerns then providing avenues for resolution.
3. Completes the verification process for student paperwork received.
4. Ensures financial aid requirements for the Pittsburgh Promise Program, inclusive of reconciliation.
5. Provides guidance to interested parties about the process of applying for financial aid.
6. Assists students and parents with completing the necessary forms for securing funding for the semester.
7. Provides guidance on Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress and the financial ramifications of not making progress towards a degree.
8. Provides student loan information to all students and specialized assistance to students in danger of losing their financial aid eligibility due to not meeting SAP; and those whose aid has been suspended and are interested in how to have it reinstated.
9. Assists students with understanding financial aid information for transfer to other colleges and universities.
10. Assists the Director with the delivery and development of activities and workshops designed to support the College’s recruitment and retention goals.
11. Provides general Financial Aid direction to community organizations outside of CCAC who are interested in learning more about the subject of financial aid.
12. Assists with the training of Financial Aid work study students and new financial aid staff.
13. Helps revise financial aid marketing materials and on line documents and information for the new financial aid year.
14. Participates in Professional Development activities as assigned by the Director and/or ED.
15. Serves in the capacity of Director of FA in the absence of the Director.
16. Travels to other sites to assist at other campuses or centers as necessary.
17. Ask. Listen. Solve.
18. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.