Position Title: Coordinator for Human Services Program (Grant FT)
Department: Community Training & Develop
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 13, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 12 - $43,677
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G903
Job Open Date: 5/27/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Identify the educational needs of older adults participating in Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging affiliated centers and day care programs. Coordinate the Kane Project. Coordinate the comprehensive educational programs for Senior Centers and Adult Day Care Programs in Allegheny County and the City of Pittsburgh.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Education or related field and a minimum of two years experience in both adult education and in geriatric services system; availability during the day with some evening work.
- Liaison with the Allegheny County Area on Aging Director of Life Enrichment, CitiParks, and Kane.
- Supervise, implement, and provide a comprehensive staff-training program by establishing program design, measuring training program design, measuring training success, and by recruiting and hiring staff.
- Identify specific educational needs for staff training through the development of a planning committee representative of the target population services by the Allegheny County Department of Aging and their subcontractor professionals.
- Develop an instrument and survey, which measures needs of the target population.
- Recruit, interview, and hire program instructors and other staff personnel.
- Analyze and determine the training needs with the Community Training and Development staff develop creative methods to meet the training needs.
- Plan, develop, implement, and supervise the educational programs (conferences, workshops, seminars, courses, and in-agency training) to meet the specific training needs.
- Keep accurate records and statistical data on site program.
- Supervise and provide guidance and support to the program's instructional staff; conduct training/planning meetings.
- Procure locations for each program.
- Develop a marketing plan, design brochures, and update mailing lists for promoting programs.
- Implement registration process according to CCAC policy and procedures.
- Maintain contacts with Allegheny County staff, Center Directors/Coordinators, ADC Directors, and Kane therapeutic directors and professionals working in the Department of Aging and their subcontractors.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external departments/divisions and agencies; develop and maintain ongoing communications with existing and potential employer job practicum agencies and referral sources.
- Communicate programs to the public through printed materials, speaking engagements, the media, and participation in related community activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.