Position Title: Military & Veteran Student Success Facilitator (Reg PT)
Department: Military and Veteran Services
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: REPOSTED. This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 17, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Regular part-time 25 hours per week 12 months.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 9:30 am - 2:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Hourly Wage: $22.39/hour
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Slot: 9369
Job Open Date: 6/3/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide for veteran or military students by assisting
them with the Department of Veterans Affairs benefits applications and
referrals to appropriate internal and external supportive services. Provide the encouragement and support
necessary to enable military and veteran students to complete their course of
study at CCAC.
Requirements: Associate's degree (Bachelor's preferred) in a related field with a minimum of one year experience with military / veteran services or in human services serving diverse populations or economically or educationally disadvantaged populations. Applicant must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability and willingness to work collaboratively. Attention to detail and the ability to follow through with assisting the student. Commitment to the students' success and student centered education. Higher education experience preferred.
1. Prepares and reviews appropriate documentation necessary for certification of student's veterans' education benefits.
2. Acts as a liaison between Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist and disabled veterans; controls the issuance of forms used to cover educational costs.
3. Compiles information on program services, activities, and students. Maintains accurate, organized, completed, and detailed records and develops and maintains reports as required or assigned.
4. Serves as a campus liaison for veterans affairs with academic division chairpersons, academic advisors, and administrative personnel; provides assistance in resolving problems in relation to veteran student issues.
5. Informs and assists students in applying for a wide variety of DVA programs.
6. Works with Veteran's Service Center Staff to meet the veteran's administration requirements, social and human service needs of students.
7. Participates in student orientation.
8. Refers individuals to internal and outside programs for additional support specific to the needs of military and veteran students.
9. Serves on college committees as needed.
10. Assists the college in recruitment efforts as they relate to military and veteran students.
11. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.