Position Title: Executive Director of Business and Administration (Reg FT)
Department: Business and Administration
Campus: South Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 27, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 18 - $78,494
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5938
Job Open Date: 6/10/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Directs and administers campus fiscal and business
operations including campus facilities, switchboard, business office, student
accounts, food services, mailroom, duplicating, shipping and receiving,
inventories and bookstore.
Requirements: Master’s degree in business management, accounting, finance
or related field and a minimum of five years experience (or Bachelor degree
with 7 years of experience in a related field). Ability to work independently
and as part of a multi-functional team. Excellent understanding of strategic
planning, capital planning, budget planning and maintenance and human
resources. Must have people skills and the ability to supervise staff.
Personality and work ethic that evokes confidence from other leadership team
1. Responsible for the effective operation, examination of practices, commitment to consistency and standardization in practice toward the one-college concept in fiscal and business operations.
2. Assists the Regional president and leadership team in examining and developing major campus priorities.
3. Assists the Regional president with coordination of campus services and facilities.
4. In concert with the Regional President and Risk Management, reviews external requests to use the campus’s facilities.
5. Identifies, develops in cooperation with appropriate stakeholders and implements practices and procedures that enhance and improve campus operations.
6. Fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
7. Reviews, amends, denies or approves financial requests/documents including purchasing requisitions, vouchers, payroll authorizations, expense reports, leases, memorandums of agreements and contracts for all operating, capital and restricted funds in accordance with College regulations, procedures, and policies.
8. In concert with the Regional President, the Vice President for Finance and the Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer, coordinates the preparation of the capital, operating, student life and restricted fund budgets for the campus to support all strategic and operational initiatives. Prepares monthly financial projections and appropriate analysis to share with council. Implements and administers approved budgets.
9. Assists the Vice President & Chief Facilities Officer in one-college initiatives to include MWDBE participation goals, AdAstra site administration, facilities condition assessment software updates & implementation, virtual work control support and campus space tracking, verification & amendments.
10. Serves as a member of various committees (i.e., Crisis Management Team, Campus safety committee) as required. Attend monthly FMPP, TFFS and Deans meetings as scheduled by the Vice President for Finance and the Vice President & Chief Facilities Officer.
11. Maintains a clean, comfortable, safe and secure campus environment for students, faculty and staff through the oversight of facilities operations.
12. Identifies, maintains and safeguards capital furniture and equipment through the campus asset master file.
13. Administers and advises staff regarding collective bargaining agreements and college policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
14. In coordination with the College Bursar, develop control procedures and provide supervisory oversight of the campus bursar
s functions including cash transactions, collection, safeguarding, depositing and accounting.
15. Reacts to campus facilities issues in a quick and responsible fashion.
16. Communicates with the campus and/or College community about issues that affect the daily functioning such as building projects, software implementation, closings, security issues and special events.
17. Oversees campus personnel recordkeeping procedures to ensure compliance with College policy, collective bargaining procedures and external regulatory agencies.
18. Oversee and manage the campus in the absence of the Regional President
19. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.