Position Title: Assistant Vice President of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness (Reg FT)
Department: Assessment & Inst Effectivenes
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 2, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 20 - $96,904
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5976
Job Open Date: 8/19/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Assists with designing,
implementing and managing the College’s data and evidence based institutional
effectiveness strategies including strategic planning.
Requirements: Master’s degree
required in assessment, curriculum and instruction, institutional research,
institutional effectiveness, planning, higher education administration,
statistics, social sciences or related field from a regionally accredited
university and at least 6 years of progressively responsible higher education
leadership experience, including institutional research. Excellent oral, written, organizational,
analytical, change management, and problem-solving skills. Experience in designing quantitative,
qualitative, and mixed methods research, data analytics, and reports and
presentations. Ability to work well with cross functional teams. Commitment to
diversity, equity and inclusion.
1. Assists with oversight and administrative duties related to the College’s Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness Team.
2. Assists accreditation liaison officer to Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
3. Assists with strategic planning and supports unit planning.
4. Assists with institutional research activities to support compliance reporting and general research assistance as they relate to initiatives impacting organizational performance and improvement.
5. Adheres to and maintains policies and procedures designed to foster high standards of ethical conduct, including data integrity and confidentiality.
6. Retrieves data from Colleague system.
7. Analyzes data for preparation of reports, utilizing statistical software (SPSS experience preferred).
8. Assists with adhoc and regular reporting requirements.
9. Assists with the development of Power BI Dashboards.
10. Supports program accreditation activities.
11. Supports program assessment activities as needed.
12. Assists with EAB reporting and building dashboards
13. Performs longitudinal data analysis, including predictive analytics.
14. Participates in or leads various committee assignments.
15. Provides support for enrollment management.
16. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here. Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.