Position Title: Administrative Assistant I (Temp Part-Time)
Department: Business Office
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: These two (2) Administrative Assistant I positions that are temporary part-time 24 hours/week will serve as additional Timekeepers and as back ups for the current Timekeepers. One will be located at North Campus and one at South Campus.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Thursday; 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Temporary part-time 24 hours/week. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Hourly Wage: $18.97
Job Category: Executive Administration Staff
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
Job Slot: N/A
Job Open Date: 9/23/2022
Job Close Date: 10/7/2022
General Summary: Perform senior-level administrative secretarial duties characterized by the demand for considerable initiative and independent judgment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with college officials, faculty, the board of trustees, external corporate executives and the general public, and to correctly convey information to these constituencies.
Requirements: Associate’s degree and a minimum of three years of related experience or High School Diploma/GED and at least five years of related experience; considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, as well as standard clerical techniques and expertise with Microsoft Office package; excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence; ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. Compose and type a variety of complex reports, forms, memos, and correspondence; compose correspondence independently as appropriate.
2. Work with material related to matters concerning labor relations and employment issues.
3. Act in a confidential capacity and access labor relations policy data upon request.
4. Compile data for contracts, audits, government requirements, and college-wide reports; perform related calculations; and verify own work for accuracy and completeness.
5. Develop and maintain complex filing systems containing highly confidential materials including confidential files and specific records relating to the effectuation of the labor relations agreements.
6. Interact with faculty, staff, and outside agencies to exchange information, suggest policy interpretation, and provide initial assistance in resolving problems.
7. Arrange for conferences and special events which includes preparing agenda, contacting participants, and scheduling facilities.
8. Attend meetings and take, transcribe, and type minutes.
9. Prepare and maintain budgetary and other financial record-keeping systems and investigate discrepancies.
10. Develop and implement forms and recommend procedural changes to enhance the efficiency of operations.
11. Receive, screen, and refer telephone calls.
12. Receive, open, sort, and route mail.
13. Receive, screen, and direct visitors to appropriate office.
14. Compute and process payroll for assigned faculty and staff.
15. Assist and/or train temporary, work-study, and part-time personnel; may coordinate and assign their work.
16. Prepare materials for bulk mailings.
17. Take and transcribe from machine or oral dictation.
18. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.