Position Title: Assistant Director of Accounting (Reg FT)
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 10, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 16 - $64,070
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5841
Job Open Date: 10/7/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Assists the
Director of Accounting in the activities
of accounts payable, payroll, banking, and contracts and grants accounting.
degree in accounting, finance or related field and a minimum of six years related
experience. CPA preferred but not required. Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and
organizational skills. Thorough knowledge of established accounting principles
and practices and accounting software preferably in a Higher Education
environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
and Powerpoint. Organized and detail oriented.
1. Assists the Director of Accounting in the preparation of financial statements and reports.
2. Performs reconciliation of general ledger accounts and prepares cost analyses for decision making.
3. Participates on special projects and committees.
4. Assists the Director of Accounting in the coordination of the annual audit; researches audit deficiency reports and recommendations.
5. Assists the Director of Accounting researching and increasing knowledge of college and university accounting and financial reporting.
6. Provides periodic internal control reviews of various Payroll Department processes, including, but not limited to, a review of the Director of Payroll’s pay period-to-pay period query reports. Performs periodic budget-to-actual comparisons to ensure overall payroll by department or other cost center is accurate.
7. Preparation of journal entries
8. Reviews bank reconciliations.
9. Preparation of periodic financial reports for Middle States, IPEDS, and NCCBP.
10. General support and backup to the Director of Accounting for financial software security, voucher approvals, Kronos, maintenance of the general ledger, banking, fixed assets, accounts payable, and CCAC Educational Foundation accounting.
11. Assists the Director of Accounting in the development and recommendation of new or revised financial policies and procedures.
12. Assists the Director of Accounting in the communication of policies and procedures to the campuses and management.
13. Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.