Position Title: Director of Safety/Security (Reg FT)
Department: Emerg Mgmt/Safety & Security
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than January 30, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 16 - $64,070
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5662
Job Open Date: 1/13/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Administer and supervise all activities of Campus, including Office of College Services for Allegheny, security and safety operations, to safeguard students, faculty, staff, and College assets and facilities. It is CCAC's intent to have successful candidate(s) appointed as "Special Police Officer" status for PA.
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree required in one of the
following; Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice, Political Science,
Police Science, Security Administration, Correctional Administration. : a
minimum of seven years law enforcement experience with security and
safety; and 3 years of administrative and supervisory experience required. Must
have a current and valid driver's license. Must have successfully completed a
basic police training course in conformity with current law (Pa. Act 120), and
commit to the taking and passing of a certification examination administered by
the Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission (MPOETC): must
be licensed to carry a firearm or obtain one within 90 days of being hired; must
pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening (annual thereafter), and
psychological test. CPR/AED OSHA
10 -30 certification preferred.
Hours and Location: Flexible hours to be established by each campus and will include occasional weekends and holidays. Work location is subject to change at the discretion of the College.
1. Train, supervise and schedule of all Campus (and Office of College Services for Allegheny) security personnel.
2. Administer the Campus (and Office of College Services for Allegheny) security contract and other related contracts.
3. Maintain and report appropriate security and safety statistics in compliance with the federal Jeanne Clery Act, the Campus Crime Prevention Act, The Pennsylvania College and University Security Information Act and any other required reports.
4. In collaboration with the Dean of Student Development assist with enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
5. Identify fire safety and security hazards consistent with health and safety laws, and applicable fire codes.
6. Carry, maintain and qualify with a concealed firearm in a manner specified by the College.
7. Participate as a member of the campus Safety Committee and in college wide committees as necessary and required.
8. Control and monitor traffic and parking including issuing warnings and maintaining appropriate documentation.
9. Ensure campus (and Office of College Services for Allegheny) compliance with College policies and procedures related to security, safety, and emergency management.
10. Establish and maintain partnerships with appropriate local, state and federal law enforcement / safety officials.
11. On a semester basis, conduct fire and other emergency drills that include tabletop crisis exercises.
12. Coordinate with the Campus Physical Plant Supervisor the campus classroom, office, parking and facility key and card access systems. Maintain a data base of key and access card holders and apply appropriate security measures.
13. Document and report campus (and Office of College Services for Allegheny) incidents. Lead internal investigations and/or coordinate investigations with appropriate outside agencies.
14. Administer the Campus photo identification and card access system for students, faculty and staff.
15. The campus director shall also have the functional responsibility to administer and control at least one college wide program.
16. Serve as a member of the campus crisis management team and assume a leadership role during any critical incident management.
17. The director will complete and remain in the National Incident Command Systems (NIMS) training, as specified by the college.
18. Assist in the preparation and management of the Capital and Operating Budgets related to and for the office of safety and security.
19. Report, document and follow-up on all insurance (accident, theft) related claims for Campus (and Office of College Services for Allegheny) personnel, students and visitors.
20. Perform periodic security and safety audits.
21. Identify, develop and/or coordinate learning sites or partnerships as needed.
22. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.