Position Title: Automotive (GM Focus) Instructor (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Department: Automotive Engineering
Campus: West Hills Center
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 6, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 12 month positions with benefits.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2323
Job Open Date: 1/20/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Five years work experience; applicable ASE certifications; Pennsylvania Inspection and Emission Licenses; certifications and licenses must be maintained. GM specific experience and training in the areas of: Brakes, Steering &
Suspension, Engine Repair & Diagnosis, Automatic Transmissions, Manual
Transmissions & Driveline is required. GM certifications
must be brought up-to-date within two years of hire.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college’s goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.