1. Assists with planning, directing and oversight of college-wide work plans to include all construction projects and facilities services operations. Works collaboratively with campus facilities leaders to assess and complete work activities.
2. Plans, executes, and monitors work flow and work products, results, methods, and procedures.
3. Participates and supervises as necessary the development and administration of facilities services and construction project budgets. Monitors and approves expenditures as necessary.
4. Develops, plans, and participates in the implementation of college-wide goals; initiates and recommends actions to accomplish these objectives.
5. Participates in strategic planning and goals setting activities.
6. Coordinates college-wide activities with the campuses, centers, departments, and outside agencies. Serves as the primary representative for the college with State agencies.
7. Prepares and presents reports and correspondence.
8. Develops RFPs, bids, contracts, and proposals for construction and facilities related services.
9. Reviews projects and contracts for compliance and takes appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies. This requires frequent site visits to all of CCAC’s locations, organizing and meeting with third party contractors, approving or denying change orders, and negotiating costs.
10. Analyzes problems and trouble shoots to identify alternative solutions; implements recommendations to accomplish desired results.
11. Maintains the college’s master plan and Allegheny Campus’s institutional master plan.
12. Meets with external officials including neighborhood associations, county health department, municipal boards, and historical society for project planning, project reviews, compliance, easements, and permitting.
13. Works collaboratively with departments (IT, Academics, security) to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close projects.
14. Supports college wide sustainability goals and projects.
15. Maintains over sight of the college project manager.
16. Collaborates with the campus physical plants to ensure college elevators are in compliance and track current certifications.
17. Builds relationships with contractors, vendors, and professional service providers.
18. Communicates with college and external stakeholders.
19. Responds accordingly to tenant requests.
20. Assumes leadership in the absence of VP of Facilities.
21. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
1. Provides first response to and reporting of all college emergencies. Coordinates with campus leaders and Directors of Safety & Security on the implementation of action plans in response to emergencies.
2. Assists in the supervision of planning and implementation of college-wide emergency exercises.
3. Coordinates compliance with applicable codes regarding college safety issues and the implementation of training programs to address the compliance.
4. Assists in ensuring college-wide compliance with applicable environmental health & safety standards.
5. Acts as the college-wide Integrated Pest Management Coordinator ensuring the health & safety of all facility occupants.
6. Collaborates with all campuses and the college Director of Risk Management to ensure all safety documents are up-to-date and meetings are scheduled and reported per college policy.
7. Acts as a member of the college’s Clery Compliance Committee to ensure proper documentation and reporting.
8. Assists in ensuring all college life safety systems are inspected and maintained per industry standards.
9. Assists in ensuring all college surveillance systems, access control systems and software programs are installed and maintained per industry standards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.