Position Title: Director of Accounting (Reg FT)
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5401
Job Open Date: 3/24/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Directs the activities of accounts payable, payroll, banking, and contracts and grants accounting.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field and a minimum of five years related experience. Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills. Thorough knowledge of established accounting principles and practices and accounting software. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced ability to write queries and macros. Detail oriented.
- Prepares financial statements and reports.
- Prepares cost analyses for decision making.
- Participates on special projects and committees.
- Coordinates the annual audit; responds to audit deficiency reports and recommendations.
- Directs the maintenance of the general ledger and accounts payable areas.
- Acts as liaison with Information Systems to maintain the integrity of software systems.
- Develops and recommends new or revised financial policies and procedures.
- Communicates policies and procedures to the campuses and management.
- Directs the design, planning, development and implementation of integrated financial management reports for general ledger, trial balance and management decision making purposes.
- Participates in hiring, training and developing staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.