1. Serves as Primary contact to the internal and external community for facilities management, capital and construction.
2. Plans, directs, oversees, and participates in the development of college-wide work plans to include all construction projects and facilities services operations. Leads and works collaboratively with region presidents, project managers and directors of facilities to assess, plan and facilitate capital and facilities projects.
3. Monitors work flow and work products, results, methods, and procedures.
4. Supervises and participates in the development and administration of facilities services and construction project budgets. Monitors and approves expenditures as necessary.
5. Develops, plans, and participates in the implementation of college-wide facilities and capital goals. Initiates and recommends actions to accomplish these objectives. Actively participates in strategic planning and goals setting activities pertaining to assigned area of responsibility.
6. Serves as “College Agent” interfacing with and providing oversight to all third party vendors/contractors at the college.
7. Coordinates college-wide capital and big facilities projects with the region presidents, directors of centers, executive directors of administration, and outside agencies.
8. Serves as the primary representative for the college with State agencies.
9. Prepares and presents various facilities reports and other necessary correspondence to keep the college president updated on all capital and facilities matters.
10. Leads, supervises and guides in the development of RFPs, bids, contracts, and proposals for construction and facilities related services. Negotiates and administer contracts with outside vendors, architects, and others.
11. Reviews projects and contracts for compliance and take appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies.
12. Analyzes problems, trouble shoots and identifies alternative solutions, and implement recommendations to address college-wide facility matters in a timely and professional manner.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Reports and keeps the college President informed on all college safety related matters.
2. Provides first response to and reporting of all college emergencies. Coordinates with the college president, region presidents and directors of safety & security on implementation of the action plan(s) for all college emergencies.
3. Direct supervision of the college director of emergency management in the development, implementation, periodic review and updating of the college-wide emergency plans.
4. Supervises the planning and implementation of college-wide emergency exercises.
5. Coordinates compliance with applicable codes regarding college safety issues and the implementation of training programs to address the compliance.
6. Coordinates with all campuses and sites to ensure compliance with applicable environmental health & safety standards.
7. Acts as the college-wide Integrated Pest Management Coordinator ensuring the health & safety of all facility occupants.
8. Coordinates with all campuses and the college Director of Risk Management/Insurance to ensure all safety documents are up-to-date and meetings are scheduled and reported per college policy.
9. Acts as a member of the college’s Clery Compliance Committee to ensure proper documentation and reporting.
10. Researches and recommends best practices regarding college safety systems, processes & procedures.
11. Coordinates to ensure all college life safety systems are inspected and maintained per industry standards.
12. Coordinates to ensure all college surveillance systems, access control systems and software programs are installed and maintained per industry standards.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.