Position Title: Endowed Professorship in Technical Curriculum (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: REPOSTING
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 17, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Term: Three year, renewable
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 3Y25
Job Open Date: 3/12/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
The Endowed Professorship in Technical Curriculum will facilitate collaboration with business and industry leaders to continue the growth trajectory that technology-related fields have been experiencing over the past several years. This strategic position will facilitate interdisciplinary research collaborations to develop the curricula needed to address the workforce needs of the Pittsburgh region’s growth and development. The curricula developed will expand the portfolio of the college.
Requirements: Master’s Degree in a field related to Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering, or Information Technology. Experience in curriculum development and/or collaborative instructional design.
1. Teach and develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Work with college-wide leadership and, in particular, the President’s office, to coordinate industry outreach that will inform curriculum development.
3. Facilitate the recruitment of new students, champion the acquisition of tools for instruction, guide students through rigorous programming led by exceptional faculty, and prepare the students to assume roles in those industries, which count on CCAC as their primary provider of skilled employees.
4. Establish strong research streams to inform program development and renewal. He or she will supervise CCAC student experiences as well as guest graduate students from our higher education partners. Those student teams will engage in hands-on, experiential learning programs in collaboration with regional stakeholders, and actively serve the college, community, and industry and higher education partners.
5. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
6. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
7. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
8. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
9. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
10. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
11. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
12. Perform other related duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.