1. Plan, organize, direct and provide leadership for the programs and operations of the College's Intercollegiate Athletic Program within guidelines established by the CCAC as well as pertinent rules and regulations of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
2. Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned activities, programs and operations; recommend and administer policies, procedures and programs; participate in long-range planning activities.
3. Ensure compliance with college, conference and commonwealth regulations with the recruitment and retention of student athletes. Establish an atmosphere that promotes student success and integrates athletics into the broader educational mission of the college and maintains high standards of performance and ethical conduct for faculty, staff, and students.
4. Assume responsibility for the Intercollegiate Athletic Program's compliance with pertinent rules and regulations as well as Title IX objectives; conduct regular meetings and training to promote strict adherence among personnel and student athletes to conference and commonwealth athletic rules, regulations, and codes. In consultation with appropriate staff, complete the annual Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act survey, self-study, and other compliance reports required by local, commonwealth, or federal agencies.
5. Prepare a variety of reports to identify, develop, implement and coordinate student-athlete academic success initiatives. Assess the success of athletic programming and associated support services.
6. Participate in the development, operation and coordination of the Intercollegiate Athletic budgets; work collaboratively with the Health and Physical Education Departments and appropriate deans on the development and management of budgets for shared staff and facilities and undertake a periodic program review; participate in the forecast of revenue and expenditures; monitor and approve expenditures; requisition supplies and implement adjustments.
7. Participate in the selection, assignment, training, supervision and evaluation of assigned personnel in accordance with college policy; provide and coordinate training for staff including student equity, non-discrimination, and sexual misconduct; participate in the evaluation of classified and certificated staff and faculty per college practices and policies.
8. Plan, direct and coordinate the work of assigned staff; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
9. Develop and recommend the athletic schedules, including transportation/meals and assignment of officials; propose the scheduling and staffing of day, evening, fall and spring athletic teams and associated conditioning classes; provide supervision at athletic events at college facilities. Assign appropriate responsibilities to others when unavailable and/or events require simultaneous operational responsibilities.
10. In close collaboration with the Enrollment Services, manage and monitor student athletic eligibility in accordance with Commonwealth, conference, and college rules. Prepare and maintain all student athlete records, provide for the security and confidentiality of these records, and supervise the release of student information contained in these records. Direct the gathering, reporting, and analysis of the student-athlete statistics.
11. In consultation with appropriate staff, schedule and supervise the use of appropriate facilities, recommend improvement of the physical plant as necessary. Manage and monitor both indoor and outdoor facilities including coordination with the college’s Facilities Management Office. Coordinate use of athletic facilities with community service and other local community agencies, as well as local school sport groups.
12. Direct and participate in the preparation of intercollegiate athletic program statistics and reports as required.
13. Represent the college as an active member and participant at local, regional and state meetings; attend conference meetings for directors of athletics as required. Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of intercollegiate athletics as well as best practices to promote student retention and success.
14. Work collaboratively with the CCAC Educational Foundation with respect to fundraising efforts and activities. Provide administrative leadership in identifying and implementing plans to raise external funds to augment budgets for the college's athletic teams and facilities improvement projects.
15. Coordinate publicity and public relations activities for the athletic program in coordination with the Public Relations and Marketing Department. Direct and review athletic web page content, as well as the appropriate use of other electronic social networking platforms to promote CCAC Athletics.
16. Perform other duties as required or assigned.