Position Title: Chief Executive Officer, Educational Foundation (Reg FT)
Department: CCAC Educational Foundation
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 16, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
The CEO reports to the CCAC Foundation Board with a dotted line to the College President.
Salary Grade: Admin 21 - $105,857
Job Category: Executives
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5315
Job Open Date: 9/28/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the CCAC Educational Foundation. As the college’s chief development officer, the CEO is responsible for the leadership and performance of a comprehensive fundraising program that includes annual giving, alumni relationships, corporate and foundation relations, major and planned giving and campaigns. The CEO interacts with a diverse set of individuals including the college president and executive officers, Foundation Board members, college Trustees, faculty, staff, students, alumni and members of the community.
Requirements: Master’s degree in an appropriate field conducive to fundraising. CFRE is preferred. A minimum of 8 years of experience with a proven successful track record of identifying potential donors and raising significant funds, cultivating donor relationships, soliciting gifts and overseeing the endowment for distribution of funds for scholarships and other purposes. Proven success managing major comprehensive campaigns. Understanding of various gift instruments, estate planning, trust administration, gift planning strategies and related tax laws. Experience with computerized record keeping systems and knowledge of accounting and budget management processes in a non-profit environment. Experience in leading a volunteer board of community leaders, planning and setting strategic direction for fundraising initiatives and complying with governmental and IRS regulations. Must possess solid judgement, and well developed organizational skills. Must possess leadership abilities necessary to guide the college, foundation board and volunteers in building and expanding private philanthropy.
1. Serve as chief administrative officer of the Foundation and manage the operations in accordance with Federal and State regulations, college policies and by-laws and other applicable regulations.
2. Serve as a member of the President’s cabinet, setting and carrying out strategic initiatives, goals and objectives and budget planning for the foundation.
3. Supervise and lead foundation staff in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and securing private funds for the college.
4. Serve as the key staff liaison for the Educational Foundation Board.
5. Provide leadership and vision in the development of a comprehensive fundraising program. This includes direct oversight of all annual, major, planned giving and campaign prospects.
6. Cultivate, solicit and close gifts.
7. Develop and maintain dynamic relationships with volunteers, donors, foundations, business/corporations, faculty, staff and alumni.
8. Ensure that gifts are administered to honor the donor’s intent and adhere to investment policies, scholarship criteria, and Foundation bylaws.
9. Support the college president in fundraising activities.
10. Plan and coordinate special events.
11. Oversee the scholarship program process and budget, the establishment of new funds and the internal process of promoting, granting and communicating with students and donors regarding awards.
12. Direct the activities of alumni in support of the fundraising activities of the college.
13. Assist the Foundation Board in recruiting and training of new members.
14. Prepare agendas and reports for quarterly Foundation Board meetings and keep the board apprised of related programs and activities throughout the year.
15. Work with members of the Foundation’s finance committee in managing the Foundation’s endowment and other financial investments; oversee the Foundation’s audit.
16. Oversee Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge to provide for the accounting and acknowledgement of gifts and tracking prospects, donors and volunteer participants.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.