Position Title: Employment Specialist (Grant FT)
Department: Job Placement&Career Services
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 21, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 10 - $35,765
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G288
Job Open Date: 12/7/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: To provide core workforce development services to both job seekers and employers. To provide job search assistance to career students, as required by the Perkins Grant.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or a related field and experience in career services, job development, or job placement. Experience working with diverse populations, knowledge of the Pittsburgh job market as well as community support services. Must have strong written and oral communication skills and organizational skills.
- Learn and utilize Career Services' processes, procedures and technology.
- Keep knowledgeable about training and education opportunities as well as community resources and support systems.
- Provide job search assistance via individual appointments, workshops, classroom presentations, telephone, email and the other emerging communication technologies.
- Market career services activities internally to students, staff and faculty and externally to community organizations and local businesses.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with faculty, administration, and job seekers to keep all parties current on employment issues, processes, expectations, and opportunities.
- Coordinate the Cooperative Education program and keep informed about internship opportunities.
- Provide services to employers such as job postings, opportunities to recruit, candidate referral, and space for interviewing.
- Support the overall Career Services' and Grant goals and objectives by remaining flexible and adjusting services to meet requirements.
- Maintain data/records and generate reports as needed by the College and the Grant.
- Provide services to students in the evenings and on weekends as assigned.
- Facilitate services in the Career Resource Center.
- Participate on campus and system-wide committees as needed and requested.
- Participate in staff development.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.