Position Title: Chemistry/Physics Educational Technician (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 5, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time 10 month position with benefits.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2446
Job Open Date: 1/28/2019
Job Close Date:
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
General Summary: Prepare and set up labs for the Chemistry/Physics Science programs. Support faculty and students in the science department.
Requirements: Associates degree (Bachelor's preferred) in the sciences; working knowledge of equipment and supplies common to science laboratories and safety measures for maintenance of science laboratories; the ability to plan, organize, stock, and maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment for science laboratories; experience in laboratory instruction preferred.
1. Maintain systematized order and cleanliness of the Chemistry/Physics laboratories and stockroom facilities.
2. Maintain inventory and written records of all laboratory equipment and supplies used in the science laboratories with help from Department head and faculty.
3. Assemble, maintain and deliver equipment and supplies for science laboratory use by students and faculty for instructional demonstrations.
4. Repair broken or damaged equipment; arrange for repair of equipment by outside agencies when necessary.
5. Order supplies in a timely manner in accordance with faculty specifications.
6. Properly manage Chemistry/Physics waste for disposal and arrange for removal of obsolete or irreparable equipment.
7. Assist students in accessing software in lab.
8. Purchase supplies from petty cash and provide receipts for petty cash allotments, when appropriate.
9. Maintain purchase requisition file and notify department chairman concerning errors, backorders, and incoming supplies.
10. Assist faculty member in laboratory instruction as appropriate.
11. Assist Department Head with operating and capital budget requests.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.