Position Title: Data Analyst (Reg FT)
Department: Planning & Institutional Res
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 10, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $51,664
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5845
Job Open Date: 5/24/2019
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The data
analyst works as a member of the Assessment & Institutional Effectiveness
(AIE) team and supports the Assessment and Program Review functions of the
College. The data analyst will expand data availability in the college, playing
a significant role in making sure that data and information produced is
delivered accurately and efficiently. Will be responsible for retrieving and
analyzing data from a variety of data sources in order to provide information
and analyses for planning, assessment, accountability and performance
improvements in areas across the college.
Requirements: Requires a
bachelor's degree (master’s preferred) in a Social Science field, Computer
Science, Statistics, Business, Data Analytics, Information Science, or another
related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a complex,
deadline driven office environment, preferably in a higher education
institutional research role, or closely related field. Must have a broad
knowledge of institutional research methods, quantitative and qualitative data
analysis, analytical computing, and higher education issues.
Proficient in the application and
uses of statistical tools such as SPSS or SAS, and data analytics. Demonstrated
ability to incorporate modern data visualization tools such as Tableau to
analytic efforts highly desirable. Able to clean, debug, and analyze complex
datasets that link data from a variety of sources and rapidly create ad hoc
database queries utilizing modern desktop database tools such as SQL.Proficient
in Microsoft Office software. Skill with survey research tools such as Survey
Monkey is preferred. Understanding of ERP applications (Ellucian Colleague
Student System) a plus.
Capable of working independently
on complex assignments, collaborating with others, as well as the ability to
maintain effective working relationships. Possesses strong time and project
management skills. Able to present complex ideas, and analytic findings clearly
and effectively, verbally and in writing. Familiarity with how community
colleges provide access, respond to community needs, and provide equity is
1. Utilize the Colleague ERP system and other database systems to analyze and interpret data.
2. Create visual analytic dashboards for internal clients within and across the College.
3. Create and maintain data visualizations to aid in the delivery and understanding of data.
4. Assist with the planning, design, management and support of colleges-wide data assessment tools and data warehouse initiatives
5. Provides support for faculty course and program assessment efforts.
6. Support the emerging institutional effectiveness paradigm with planning and decision making that is unit specific, but college-wide in nature.
7. Develop a working knowledge of college department data needs for reporting metrics such as student enrollment, retention and graduation rates.
8. Undertake survey research projects to meet the needs of a diverse group of campus entities.
9. Participate as a member of the AIE team to produce high quality institutional research reports.
10. Provide support for the college strategic planning process.
11. Provide support for and/or sit as a member of our Institutional Review Board.
12. Respond to ad hoc requests for information.
13. Serve on college committees to support college initiatives.
14. Perform other duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.