Position Title: Adjunct Health Information Technology
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Days and hours vary according to class schedule and the needs of the College and Department.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Adjunct/Faculty
Employment Type: Adjunct Part-Time
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Requirements: Baccalaureate degree (Master's
preferred) from an accredited institution, must be credentialed as a Registered
Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information
Administrator (RHIA), must have a minimum of three years of documented recent
practice experience in Health Information Management, two years of teaching
experience, preferably in a community college setting, and knowledge of CAHIIM
standards, accreditation processes and professional credentialing requirements.
Knowledge of all domains of the Health Information Management profession
including data content, structure and standards; information access,
disclosure, privacy, and security; health information technologies; revenue
management including ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT coding; compliance;
leadership and medical terminology. Must be knowledgeable about methods
of instruction, testing and assessment of students. Applicants must have strong
organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and technical
proficiency with Health Information Management software, the Internet and
Microsoft Office. Must have personal transportation and be willing to travel to
clinical affiliate sites.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Support the college's goals.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.