Position Title: Pathways to Professional Careers Coordinator/Navigator (Grant FT)
Department: Dean of Student Development
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 29, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, evening and week end hours may be required and expected.
Salary Grade: Admin 13 - $46,989
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G639
Job Open Date: 9/18/2019
Job Close Date: 9/29/2019
General Summary: Tracks, investigates and resolves information technology service problems.
Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Education, Psychology, Social Work or a
related field. Minimum of two years related experience, preferably in higher
education and experience in project design and management of student support
knowledge of experiential learning opportunities for students. Good written and
verbal communication, organizational skills; ability to work with students,
faculty, staff, administration and outside agencies. Good presentation skills;
self-motivation; accountable, and ability to provide leadership. Ability to
track data and outcomes and present information in compliance with funding
agency and partner institutions (CCAC and PPU).
1. Responsible for the day-to-day, on-campus grant related activities.
2. Partner with Admissions Office to engage prospective students and promote CCAC/PPU partnership.
3. Attend key CCAC events to engage prospective and current students as well as staff and faculty to promote CCAC-PPU partnership and benefits of experiential learning.
4. Travel to college campuses and centers to monitor student progress and arrange support services.
5. Serve as a liaison with Career Services, Counseling, Financial Aid, Supportive Services, Advisement and the Learning Center for Keys program students.
6. Meet with current students to discuss career exploration, short and long-term goals and action planning for career readiness.
7. Encourage current students to enroll in career preparation course to maximize career readiness and preparation for experiential learning programs.
8. Conduct appointments and workshops on interview skills and professional branding via traditional documents and digital media.
9. Assist students in searching for and obtaining Co-op positions.
10. Serve as a program liaison between faculty, students and employers.
11. Maintain accurate record of student contacts, TANF eligibility and academic progress.
12. Coordinate time for students to visit PPU, tour campus, and meet with PPU Co-op Coordinator and PPU Transfer/Career Navigator.
13. Collaborate with CCAC and PPU Marketing team to document and elevate participant success stories.
14. Prepare and submit reports to Point Park University and grant agency.
15. Perform other related duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.