Position Title: Dean of Students (Reg FT)
Department: Dean of Student Development
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 15, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
The area of concentration for this position is Student Support. Please address how your skills align with this area of concentration.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 19 - $85,422
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5044
Job Open Date: 5/22/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Lead administrator for
student engagement, support initiatives, student success initiatives, and/or
student completion initiatives. Provides strategic vision, leadership, and
direction for the implementation and effectiveness of services and activities
designed to support successful navigation of students throughout their College
experience at CCAC.
Master’s degree in student
services administration, educational administration, management or related
field required, doctorate degree in related
field is preferred. Minimum of five (5) years of progressively
responsible experience in enrollment services, student success, student
advocacy and/or student completion preferably for a multi-campus college.
Minimum of three (3) years of recent experience providing supervision and
leadership to student services staff, preferably within a community college
environment. Demonstrated experience in research and the use and application of
data and technology to achieve college outcomes and goals. Valid driver’s
license and reliable transportation are required.
Strategic Area of Responsibility Expectations – Student Support
- Leads and directs efforts of the Student Support team, including Care Teams and Judicial Affairs for the College. Streamlines and insures consistent processes, policies and initiatives that align with other student services departments and instruction to maximize enrollment and retention results.
- Enforces the Student Code of Conduct, analyzes and investigates issues not limited to student discipline and Title IX as they pertain to policy and procedures.
- Works closely with the Office of the Provost in providing college-wide coordinating functions associated with student advocacy, including the CARE Team, Supportive Services, Counseling, and Judicial Affairs.
- Serves as team lead and manages affiliated technologies (i.e., Maxient, Online Dean).
- Provide leadership and direction for the development and consistent implementation of advocacy initiatives that support students and the college’s strategic plan, such as but not limited to operationalization of Care Team and Student Code of Behavioral Conduct.
- Uses data analysis and business intelligence to develop retention strategies and inform the College’s retention planning.
- Collaborates and facilitates initiatives with college-wide stakeholders, including academic leadership, key administrators, faculty and staff.
- Effectively collaborates with Student Engagement, Student Success and Student Completion teams, administrative leaders, faculty and staff.
- Provides leadership for development and implementation of policies, programs, and student support services in assigned strategic areas of responsibility (see below).
- In conjunction with the Office of the Provost, insures consistent implementation of the student experience across the college.
- Sets standards and direction for inclusive initiatives, programs, and services that contribute to student learning and student success within approved budget guidelines.
- Works with the student services staff, student groups and other members of the College community in developing extracurricular programming assuring integration with the academic life of the institution and encouraging student personal growth and development.
- Collaborates with and facilitates initiatives with college-wide stakeholders, including academic leadership, key administrators, faculty and staff.
- Provides leadership in and is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and regulations pertaining to student life and services.
- Assists in coordinating student services assessment activities.
- Receives referrals from faculty or students in need of academic assistance or personal counseling.
- Engages the external community in learning about CCAC by participating in community activities in leadership positions; represents the campus president as requested.
- Establishes and manages multiple priorities that drive outcomes in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
- Provides direct supervision, leadership and professional development support for assigned staff and program areas.
- Attends and participates in administrative meetings; serves on various committees as required.
- Prepares the capital and operating budget proposals for submission to the Associate Provost for Student Affairs.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.