Position Title: Regional Director of Registration (Reg FT)
Department: Provost Office
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: REPOSTING. This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 14, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This position is for the Northwest Region (Allegheny and North Campuses). This is an internal only job posting for current CCAC employees.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 15 - $56,912
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5880
Job Open Date: 7/10/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: This position is responsible for on campus registration
operations including hiring, training, providing on-going professional
development, scheduling and providing quality assurance of the registration
experience for students. This position will interface with the Office of the
Registrar, the Regional Directors of Academic Advising, Academic Affairs and
Student Affairs personnel regularly. Strong written, verbal and technology
skills are required.
Requirements: Master’s degree in
management, information systems, student affairs/higher education
administration or related field and a minimum of three years experience. Strong
leadership, supervisory and organizational skills. Ability to understand,
interpret, implement and enforce policies and procedures. Knowledge of labor
relations. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact
with faculty, staff, students and external constituents. Skills to troubleshoot
on behalf of students. Prior Registration and student academic record
experience. Experience with Microsoft Office and Student Information Systems.
Ability to convey and implement expectations of good customer service to staff.
Ability to exercise staff oversight to ensure new operations plans, policies
and procedures are consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the
College. Ability to ensure departments are well informed of enrollment related
Duties: Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
1. Supervises registration and student academic records operations and staff including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and providing professional development.
2. Investigates and resolves registration and student academic record problems.
3. Evaluates and approves residency appeals and transcript errors.
4. Assists in the development and enforcement of registration dates and deadlines
5. Reviews, evaluates and awards transfer credits from colleges/universities to be posted to student transcripts.
6. In collaboration with the Academic Discipline Deans and Regional Directors of Academic Advising, monitors course demand and wait lists.
7. Supervises the graduation certification process which includes conducting degree audits by evaluating student transcripts, GPA and honors; notifies students of problems or deficiencies.
8. Produces the official graduation certification lists.
9. Processes special queries each semester to alert students who have failed courses or not satisfied pre-requisites.
10. Reviews and manages processes associated with the student academic record including but not limited to CLEP scores and credit-by-exam results for posting to student transcripts, academic forgiveness, medical withdrawals, course substitutions, Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) cross –registration.
11. Responsible for development, enhancement and utilization of appropriate technologies (i.e., Student Information System, texting solution/s) in support of student retention and completion.
12. Gathers, and analyzes data to conduct assessment of registration processes.
13. Collaborates with various departments; serves on committees as required.
14. Provides information to parents, students and outside agencies according to College policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
15. Prepares and monitors the capital and operating budgets for the fiscal year.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.