Position Title: Director of Student Engagement (Reg FT)
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 9, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. There are two positions available: one position will oversee both Allegheny Campus and North Campus (Northwest Region), the second position will oversee Boyce Campus and South Campus (Southwest Region). This is an internal only posting for regular part-time and full-time CCAC employees.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 15 - $56,912
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5917, 5918
Job Open Date: 9/25/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Strategically plan for student engagement, leadership, diversity and inclusion activities across the college. Create a college culture that engages students in all aspects of college life including collaboration between academic and student affairs through-out the student life cycle at the college.
Requirements: Master’s degree in
Student Affairs/Higher Education Administration or related field and a minimum
of three years of experience. Strong leadership, supervisory and organizational
skills. Ability to understand, interpret, implement and enforce policies and
procedures. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact
with faculty, staff, students and external constituents. Experience with
developing student leadership, cultural diversity and programs in support of
the academic mission of the College. Experience with Microsoft Office and
Student Information Systems. Excellent customer service
skills. Ability to travel and be housed at any of the College’s campuses or
centers and to serve as backfill at enrollment related events and serve as a
representative of the College at public and private events. Ability to exercise staff oversight to ensure
new operations plans, policies and procedures are consistent with the overall
goals and objectives of the College.
1. Ask. Listen. Solve.
2. Plan, develop and oversee the new student on-boarding process, new student orientation and integration into the college community.
3. Initiate, coordinate and implement meaningful diversity, equity and inclusion programming.
4. Establish and maintain a comprehensive student leadership development, student ambassador and community & civic engagement programming.
5. Engage a wide range of students in program planning to develop leadership skills.
6. Create opportunities to facilitate the involvement of students in college activities.
7. Develop and modify programs/policies in accordance with student interests and institutional objectives.
8. Create innovate new programs and initiatives to support and engage multicultural communities on campus.
9. Advise student organizations and outreach to student communities.
10. Develop and foster a positive campus culture through social and community activities.
11. Manage the process for the development and oversight of student organizations.
12. Serve as student government advisor by providing general direction and information for decision making.
13. Receive complaints and resolves problems.
14. Develop student relationships; meets with student groups and advises on projects.
15. Assist in the development and coordination of co-curricular programming that supports student success through community-building activities, cultural programs, leadership development, community service and engagement, and identity development both on campuses and at the college centers.
16. Collaborate with faculty and other campus constituents to develop relevant and new programming in support of the academic mission of the College.
17. Prepare the calendar for each semester in conjunction with campus/center faculty and staff.
18. Assess effectiveness of student programming and plan future improvements.
19. Oversee the appropriate and effective implementation of college Food Pantries and Clothes Closets.
20. Prepare, recommend and administer the Student Involvement & Leadership budget; oversee expenditures and ensure expenses comply with College policy.
21. Serve on appropriate campus and College committees.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.