Position Title: Executive Director of Library Services (Reg FT)
Department: Library & Learning Services
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 9, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 18 - $76,955
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5919
Job Open Date: 9/25/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The
Executive Director of Library Services will be passionate about student success
and will provide visionary leadership to advance teaching and learning through
the College’s libraries, including strategic planning, assessment, resource
development and personnel growth and development. The Executive Director will develop
and maintain positive relationships and strategic partnerships with College
constituencies across all locations as well as external organizations.
Requirements: Masters Degree (MLS
or MLIS) from an ALA accredited institution required (second Masters Degree or
Doctorate preferred); minimum five years of experience in academic libraries
and learning services operations, community college experience preferred;
experience with and proponent of relevant technologies, current and emerging;
evidence of ability to work successfully with a broad variety of constituents, administrators,
staff, and community-based groups with a strong commitment to students; ability
to advocate for support of library and learning resource initiatives with
energetic vision; experience in long-range planning, strategic planning and
outcomes assessment; experience in a union environment and in a multi-site
Duties: Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
1. Provides leadership in the development of Library Services focused on facilitating student success in a diverse community.
2. Advocates for the continuing development and promotion of the Library with college administration, staff, and external partners.
3. Oversees development and assessment of long range and strategic plans for Library Services in all locations, including online.
4. Identifies new technologies and innovations relevant to the Library Services objectives and collaborates with college administration and learning resource and library staff to shape future advancements.
5. Participates in the development, management, assessment and administration of Library annual planning and budgets.
6. Provides leadership to librarians and staff in resolving daily problems and meeting goals and objectives.
7. Champions access to and the use of Open Educational Resources.
8. Oversees the institution’s archives and records retention system.
9. Develops, recommends, and implements standardized procedures for the Library.
10. Prepares relevant reports, studies, statistics, public relations materials and correspondence for the Library.
11. Serves as the college’s compliance champion for copyright laws.
12. Coordinates the hiring of librarians and support staff.
13. Leads efforts to identify and pursue relevant grant opportunities.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.