Position Title: Human Resources Compliance Specialist (Reg FT)
Department: Human Resources
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: REPOSTING. This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than January 12, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 12 - $42,821
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5307
Job Open Date: 12/18/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Administer various human resources functions including earned leave, military leave, short-term
disability leave, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), reasonable accommodation, earned leave and record management.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or a related field and a minimum of three years experience that includes the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), reasonable accommodation and record management preferably in an educational setting. Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access. Excellent communication, writing, analytical and problem solving skills.
1. Provide employees with information on short-term disabilities (STD), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), military and other leaves. Track leaves and communicate employee leave statuses to supervisors. Serve as liaison with leave vendors.
2. Review and confirm eligibility of requests for STD, FMLA, and other leave. Maintain confidential files and related databases on employees.
3. Serve as contact for employees requesting reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job and investigate ways to accommodate requests. Process and track reasonable accommodation requests.
4. Assist in providing information required in the investigation process for grievances, complaints, and legal issues.
5. Prepare faculty earned leave reports to ensure earned leave transactions and balances for faculty, academic deans, and payroll. Confirm eligibility of requests to bank credits or withdraw credits for payment or course reduction.
6. Prepare renewal request for AFT employees annually.
7. Coordinate various leave training seminars conducted by the Human Resource Department.
8. Maintain the records and process regarding Outside Employment/ second jobs of CCAC employees.
9. Maintain the tele-work application and approval process and tracking.
10. Maintain the personnel review process.
11. Establish and maintain HR personnel and I-9 records and retention policies and procedures.
12. Responsible for Act 168 inquiries.
13. Assist in diversity recruitment efforts, including assessing employment applications and resumes from applicant pools for recommendation.
14. Provide support/coverage as needed for records of employment for retention, clearances and transcripts. Serves as primary HR reviewer of processed clearances for compliance.
15. Provide support/ coverage & customer service, phone coverage as needed to support the Human Resource Department.
16. Assist with performing job description reviews, job analysis, and reclassification requests.
17. Monitor and compile the introductory and annual performance review evaluations
18. Monitor and report for compliance training assigned through the employee engagement system
19. Manage the Employee Processing Center and coordinates Clearance processing and maintenance
20. Serves as coordinator for Unemployment Cases, providing support, attending hearings and collaborating with the representative
21. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.