Position Title: Diagnostic Medical Sonography Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Department: Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 31, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month position with benefits.
The successful applicant will also be the Program Director for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Open Date: 2/26/2021
Job Close Date:
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in education, science or related field; current ARDMS registration in the following specialty areas of Abdominal (AB), Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN), Adult Echocardiography (AE), Vascular (VT) or Breast (BR) relative to the required course content to be taught. Minimum two years full-time experience as a registered sonographer within the last five years. Must be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and assessment of students and knowledgeable concerning current national curricula, national accreditation, national registration and have proficiency in curriculum development. Must be willing to coordinate clinical education with didactic education as assigned by the program director and to evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of the affiliate clinical education centers. Community college teaching experience preferred. Current Healthcare Provider certification in CPR/AED. Must have personal transportation and be willing to travel to clinical affiliate sites.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college’s goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.