Position Title: Heating and Air Conditioning Technology Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Department: Heating & Air Conditioning
Campus: West Hills Center
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 22, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month positions with benefits.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2667
Job Open Date: 2/26/2021
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Associate degree in the field or closely related discipline required. Five years field experience; teaching experience preferred. EPA and NATE certifications required. RSES membership preferred. Microsoft office proficiency required with emphasis on technology usage in the classroom.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college’s goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.