1. Develops, implements, maintains, and interprets division policies and procedures related to personnel administration, labor and employee relations consistent with the college and state mandates and responsibilities.
2. Consults with employees, addresses complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
3. Assists the Vice President for Human Resources in managing labor relations, to include negotiating collective agreements, contract administration, drafting contract language, handling of grievances, arbitrations, labor management committee and proposed disciplinary actions.
4. Oversees grievances and prepares reports to document the status, types and deposition for each grievance.
5. Leads the planning and implementation of special projects; leads and performs investigations, including complaints received, requiring an analysis of requests and sensitive facts related to an employee or with a regulatory agency.
6. Designs, plans, and implements employee and labor relations programs, procedures, and training activities and prepares materials in preparation for grievances, arbitrations, and legal or administrative cases.
7. Serves in the absence of the Vice President for Human Resources or as assigned, including participating in cabinet level and/or board committee meetings and/or projects; assists Vice President for Human Resources in preparation and reporting for meetings; represents the Vice President for Human Resources as assigned.
8. Familiarity with a variety of HR concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
9. Documents facts relevant to a case by visiting College locations, contacting supervisors, reviewing policy manuals and consulting with others as necessary, and interviews complaints, problems, or cases of injustice.
10. Researches and recommends the development of or revisions to policies/procedure to ensure best practice implementation or compliance; maintains the Employee Manual, updating and coordinating distribution and publishing to employees.
11. Facilitates internal complaints with employees; provides follow-up.
12. Serves as liaison to the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion as well as the Office of General Counsel.
13. Attends EEO hearings; works with counsel to prepare documentation needed for cases.
14. Keeps apprised of federal and state rules and regulations pertaining to personnel matters.
15. Counsels and advises employees on the possible course of action available in the settlement of grievances; attends and resolves grievance on behalf of the Vice President, as assigned.
16. Attends disciplinary conferences, and provides counsel and advice to management pertaining personnel matters.
17. Prepares periodic reports for management on the status, types and deposition of grievances.
18. Assist with plan, design, and delivery of human resources functions, including recruitment and employment, professional development, employee engagement, and benefits and compensation.
19. Coordinates and manages unemployment compensation cases, serving as liaison with external representatives.
20. Serves as liaison to internal and external constituents.
21. Attends various conferences and meetings.
22. Performs other duties as required or assigned.