Position Title: Employee Relations Administrator (Reg FT)
Department: Human Resources
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than May 28, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $51,664
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5932
Job Open Date: 5/14/2021
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Supports the administration of the College’s employee and labor relations program. Provides coordination and support to the various functional areas of human resources.
degree in employee/labor relations, human resources, or related field and a
minimum of two years related experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of principles and practices of human
resources administration and federal, state, and local employment laws and
regulations governing the functional areas of human resources preferred. Effective oral and written communication
skills. Seeking strong case management,
problem solving, mediation and conflict resolution, interpersonal, and analytical
Duties: Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
- Coordinate unemployment hearings, pre-disciplinary hearings, and Loudermill hearings. Attend hearings as assigned.
- Manage and update employee & labor relations records, files, spreadsheets, calendars of meeting & events.
- Assist in coordinating and handling disciplinary actions, investigations, grievances, trainings, fact-findings, mediations, and terminations as assigned.
- Handles Act 168 requests.
- Coordinate human resources records management and retention program.
- Provide human resources training and development and presentations to employees.
- Assist in diversity recruitment efforts, including assessing employment applications and resumes from applicant pools for recommendation.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with committees, supervisors, and leaders, as needed.
- Support planning and facilitating of college-wide events and programs initiated by HR as assigned.
- Provide support/coverage and customer service as needed for employment/recruitment (clearances, transcripts, etc.) and other functional areas of human resources.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.