1. Assists the external auditing firm with the annual Uniform Guidance financial audit of federal programs.
2. Performs compliance audit procedures as required by public grant programs, particularly in relation to subrecipient activities.
3. Reviews the financial aid program annually.
4. Performs semester reviews of continuing education programs.
5. Conducts semester reviews of student grades and attendance submissions to determine completeness and adherence to College and external requirements.
6. Evaluates various administrative systems and prepares recommendations to improve weaknesses
7. Performs periodic audits of all cash drawers throughout the College system, and monitors campus procedures for handling cash to ensure compliance with College regulations and best practices.
8. Monitor all Petty Cash funds to see that the general ledger balances are maintained and that the cash is secured.
9. In accordance with the Fixed Asset Policy Manual, observe the taking of physical inventories each year and help select the locations to be counted.
10. Performs spot-check analysis of the College’s fixed asset inventory.
11. Review surplus equipment items prior to being listed for surplus sale with the Procurement Office and Campus administration to determine if there is any value or use for the surplus items.
12. Performs analysis across all College policies and regulations to assure uniformity of application from campus to campus, to promote CCAC’s “One College” initiative.
13. Performs analysis of collaborative initiatives with third parties, particularly of those entities with an ongoing or recurring physical presence on CCAC property, to assure ongoing compliance with contractual obligations, insurance requirements, and pertinent College regulations.
14. Prepares reports outlining the extent of all aforementioned examinations, nature of any problems encountered, exceptions found and recommendations for improvement or remediation action needed.
15. Recommends improvement of management and controls designed to safeguard the College’s resources and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
16. Prepares an audit plan each year in conjunction with the Chief of Staff and Vice President, Finance to identify areas that will be reviewed. Areas to be considered in the audit plan not addressed elsewhere in this job description include, but are not limited to: compliance with CCAC policies, procedures, and regulations for credit cards, travel, computer access and document imaging security, goods/services receiving, employee classifications, salaries, position changes, and payroll audits. Such reviews can be done on a rotating and/or sampling basis.
17. Conducts special examinations at the request of the President and/or the Board of Trustees.
18. Sits on the Finance/Audit Committee of the BOT.
19. Receives complaints raising issues under Board Policies II.05 and V.08 and, in conjunction with legal counsel, finance/risk management, human resources, provost and/or other appropriate departments within the College, conduct, supervise and/or direct investigations of the same and prepare reports documenting findings.
20. Audits and analyzes departments and functions across College system for compliance with and consistent implementation of Board policies and College regulations and procedures, and prepare reports and recommendations of findings.
21. Prepares and presents reports that reflect audit results and document processes utilized.
22. Conducts follow up audits, as needed, to monitor implementation of interventions and/or corrective actions in prior audit reports.
23. Conducts all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Board policies and College regulations and procedures.
24. Performs other duties as assigned by Chief of Staff.