Position Title: Director of the Homewood Brushton Center (Reg FT)
Department: Homewood Brushton - Admin
Campus: Homewood Brushton Center
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 27, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 15 - $56,912
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5929
Job Open Date: 8/13/2021
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Develops,
implements and supervises the educational programming, staffing, publicity and
promotion and daily operations of a Center.
degree in higher education administration, counseling or related field and a
minimum of two years related experience. Strong human relations,
communications, time management, organizational, decision making and problem
solving skills. Strong planning, program evaluation and budget management
skills. Creative and innovative leadership, coaching, administrative and
facilitation skills. Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and
negotiation. Foresight to prevent problems and quick reaction time to resolve
problems. Knowledge of trends and issues in adult and continuing education,
workforce training and professional development. Ability to ascertain and meet
community and customer needs. Broad knowledge, interest and understanding of a
wide range of skilled trade career education and certification requirements.
Experience in post secondary education, industrial employment and trade union
structure. Teaching, supervisory and management skills. Ability to build
relationships in the community.
1. Collaborates with department heads, academic deans and non-credit directors to build, manage and evaluate center schedules to meet student needs.
2. Develops and implements a comprehensive credit and non-credit educational plan in collaboration with the campus administrators to meet the community needs.
3. Supervises, facilitates and liaisons with affiliate campuses regarding admissions, advisement, registration, tutoring, testing, financial aid, distance learning, diversity and student orientation while providing quality customer service to students.
4. Addresses faculty and student academic and behavioral issues in conjunction with appropriate campus departments.
5. Trains new faculty.
6. Supervises center staff, maintenance, housekeeping, security, budget management, leases, student bookstore and business procedures.
7. Promotes and markets CCAC through community outreach by initiating and maintaining relationships with professional industry, social services and government organizations and businesses.
8. Responsible for grant procurement, implementation and management.
9. Liaisons with area school districts.
10. Provides outreach to secondary education and employers to develop, enhance and promote trade and technical careers.
11. Provides leadership and support for union apprenticeship programs.
12. Serves as primary contact for internal and external inquiries.
13. Identifies, develops and/or coordinates learning sites and partnerships as needed.
14. Meets with individuals throughout the College to discuss future plans of the centers.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.