Position Title: Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Instructor (Temp FT, with benefits)
Department: Workforce Development
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 15, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. There are two temporary full-time positions available.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State’s retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Job Slot: 3Y75, 3Y76
Job Open Date: 9/17/2021
Job Close Date:
General Summary: CDL instructors will instruct
students in all phases of truck driving with emphasis on safe practices to
prepare them to take the PA Class A pre-trip, skills and driving tests.
Instructors will be current with federal laws and possess valid current CDL
Class A license.
Requirements: Must at have at least a high school diploma/GED and a minimum of 3 years verifiable driving
experience and possess good driving skills. CDL license is required. Must have knowledge of FMCSA laws
and regulations. Expected to comply with Federal and CCAC regulations as it
applies to workplace violence, harassment and zero drug/alcohol tolerance. Must
be able to communicate effectively. Clearances & Checks: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances (3) will be
required: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police
Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. Subject to a DMV/MVR
check yearly and cannot have an alcohol or other related offense within the
last 5 years. Must be able to pass DOT drug test.
Duties: Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
1. Instruct students on safe and proper pre-trip procedures.
2. Teach students safe and proper backing, parking and docking procedures.
3. Instruct students on safe and proper road driving.
4. Assist the CDL account executive in scheduling students for the most efficient use of instructors and equipment.
5. Complete and maintain student attendance and progress reports with daily or weekly reports to the CDL account executive as needed.
6. Assist in teaching students in a classroom when needed.
7. Keep trucks fueled, and maintain fuel logs with weekly reports to Account Executive.
8. Work with the truck leasing company to complete all preventative maintenance and repairs on trucks.
9. Other duties as assigned by the CDL account executive.