1. Direct and oversee the nursing admission application process, including:
a. Develop, update and post marketing materials with the assistance of Marketing to the CCAC website and the Registration counters,
b. Meet with applicants to answer questions,
c. Monitor and review applications and applicant materials; maintain a system for reviewed applicants,
d. Make decisions on the application extensions and clearly communicating to the College and community,
e. Lead the application team for accepting students,
f. Oversee the process for notifying accepted and denied students,
g. Lead the appeals process for all denied students and contact students with the decisions of the appeals process,
h. Coordinate campus specific documents to go out in mailings,
i. Ensure uploading of acceptance letters into the Perception system,
j. Contact IT to load all accepted LPNs into the Blackboard LPN Resource site, etc.
2. Direct and oversee the TEAS Pre-admission process, including,
a. Ensure that testing dates and times are posted with ATI, Inc,
b. Keep current with changes in process or testing from ATI, Inc. and communicate it to nursing faculty, staff, LAC and other supportive services,
c. Hire, orient, and maintain a core group of trained TEAS proctors and make scheduling assignments as appropriate,
d. Work with the Civil Rights Compliance Officer to ensure that the Supportive Services staff are trained as TEAS monitors.
3. Interpret admission nursing criteria to students and parents.
4. Build and maintain admission and enrollment levels at the CCAC at California University site by developing relationships with hospitals, skilled facilities and community service agencies serving the California, Fayette and Green counties.
5. Conduct advising in-service meetings each term on each campus to provide updates on Nursing admissions process and criteria. Serve as primary point of contact to provide interpretations and address questions from advising staff.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with academic deans, department heads, Career Services, Continuing Education, College Centers and other departments as required to effectively develop and maintain a current working knowledge of the College's programs and services, program changes, and other information critical to the successful recruitment of new students.
7. Represent nursing admissions and recruitment on College wide standing admission meetings.
8. Serve as a standing committee member and administrative support to the Nursing Admissions Council and take all faculty approved changes through the College Council process.
9. Develop appropriate support materials for use in the recruiting year in conjunction with the Marketing Department and Dean of Nursing.
10. Attend the articulation and joint admission meetings with the Dean of Nursing, Registrar and Provost.
11. Participate with the Dean of Students, Dean of Nursing and campus leadership to discuss itinerary and other communications pertinent to the implementation of progress of the strategic enrollment plan related to Nursing.
12. Develop, implement, and maintain a Community engagement plan with input from the Dean of Nursing to strategically build a pipeline in nursing.
13. Serve as project director for community collaborative initiatives pertaining to nursing.
14. Schedule, implement, and periodically suggest new community-based programs, partnerships, and other engagement initiatives.
15. Identify, initiate and strengthen relationships with various community stakeholders.
16. Develop and maintain positive community relationships with personnel representing high schools, social agencies and organizations, the business community and other external constituencies as needed.
17. Proactively monitor applicants and inquiries through the admission process and initiate phone calls, personal contact, or correspondence that will result in enrollment.
18. Responsible for coordinating and follow-up of any ACEN (national accreditor) and State Board of Nursing policies that impact nursing admissions and recruitment.
19. Develop, monitor, compile and analyze data related to Nursing admissions, retention and graduation rates and prepare the reports for ACEN and the SBON.
20. Report federal/state and accreditor updates affecting nursing admissions and recruitment on the College wide standing admission meetings.
21. Work with IT to modernize the admission process and submission of student applications.
22. Monitor and maintain information on the nursing landing page visible to the community.
23. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.